Forums

Help › Forums

Any way fo reporting a player?

Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:20 PM (8 replies)
  • DaneFenton
    162 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 10:38 PM

Just played a MP game against xxxxxxxx and because I wouldn't drop a game with him and started abusing me so bad wishing I would get cancer and die pretty much anything bad you could think of. WGT doesn't need players like this so is there anything that can get done about this

-removed name from the post-

-wgticon

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:55 AM

hi,

sorry this has happened.

yes, please take screenshots and email to members@worldgolftour.com and we will take  a look.

thanks,

-wgticon

• DaneFenton
    162 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 1:03 AM

wish I could take a screenshot but game is over and I didn't think to take one. The way he acted I don't recon I was the first person he has abused or the last

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 9:49 AM

Don't let it get to you.  I joined a MP with a guy and was up around the 7th hole, he sent a message  and asked if I  wanted to do a Challenge match for credits...I agreed so we quit the game and he sent me an invite for a 500 credit game...I declined saying too much...let's just do a 100...well, we finally settled on 250 (I think it was) and after 3holes I was 3 up..he then started in with wanting to stop the match, and I said no...he then started in with how he was a biker, would find me, etc...I just laughed it off, won the next two holes and he split.

What I'm saying is there'll be a lot who will try to take you off your game by intimidation, just laugh it off, concentrate and kick thier butt!

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 10:25 PM

True, there are a lot of abusive players on this game (not % wise - most people I've met are really nice, down to earth people - but a small % of a million people is a lot of people)

My advice, just carry on playing - most of them do it in the hope you'll drop the match (fabricated stats). So keep playing, beat them and take plenty of screenshots and send to WGT as soon as the game is over

Rob

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 12:58 AM

What and do I take a screenshot?

• tezzastheman
    1,249 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 10:16 PM

mmmm player xxxxxxxx is popular (or infamous) today. Thats 3 threads now with people bagging him/her

• gbuch69
    57 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:21 PM

I was just starting to play a nice game  with for guys. One of sent me a friend request and I excepted. He also sent one to this other player, which was "UMOMS". And UMOMS said no I don't make friends with blacks. I just beat there asses. I just can not tolerate bigoted people. It is my opinion  people like that should not be apart of a game like this. Or at least we should not have to play a game with a person like that. There really needs to be a way to block this type of player. I hope there will be an answer to this soon.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:20 PM

Well, a couple of months ago I was playing alternate 18 holes with a friend and someone I had played before with. He was also a Legend. Near hole 9  we were like 3UP... he sent a request to drop match, which I refused... why should I abandon a game I am winning just because he thinks he is not going to win? He called me ... If you think you can't win a game and don't want to go 18 holes, forfeit!!! Why do you have to call people anything? I buy balls to play this game, dropping a match because the other player thinks he is not going to win?!! Am I stupid? If you can't play because you have to go, or have some issue, you respectfully ask me to drop the match I could accept it(don't have to). But why would you ask me to drop a match because you cannot win, and above that calling me... because I don't accept? No way!!!

RSS