Forums

Help › Forums

Keyboard NOT Causing Chat-Lag Problems... Recommendations?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:05 PM (21 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:56 AM

YankeeJim:

Pug-Didn't you go with the latest version of Flash just recently? This might be a browser compatibility bug or something. Can you verify it in another browser? I know you know about the cache handling. I saw that same error some time ago when I used to use FF to play. Didn't do anything and never saw it again. 

Good idea. I've been wanting to try "Iron" for the gameclient... this may be the kick-in-the-ass that I've needed to do it. Thanks Jim.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:31 AM

OK... tried "Iron". Earlier today, I had a couple meter glitches in the first round (a practice round at SA!), but nothing like I have had in Chrome. Second round (practice at BPB!), I had to run through it quickly, and had 3-4 stutters... bad ones.

Tonight, I played three alt shot rounds ALL METER-GLITCH FREE! Before I started, I set my core affinity to a single core... to the FOUR instances of Iron in my task manager... AND I started-up my GameBooster.

BUT... the weird "chat lag" still happened throughout those three rounds! :(

One good thing was however, each time it happened, it never lasted long enough to bring up the "Shockwave popup". Longest delay was about 30 seconds (which seemed an eternity).

I'm still not ruling-out my keyboard as the culprit in all of this... it seems the faster I type into the chat box, the longer the delays are (when indeed they do occur - sometimes they don't).

I'm also trying to figure-out a way to setup a desktop shortcut to automatically set my affinity with Iron. The quotation marks in the shortcut target line are throwing a wrench into the works when I enter the command line before it.

If anything, I sure am learning alot about using different browsers and I'm getting more proficient at dissecting the inner-workings of my PC by playing this game and thanks to yunz guys! lol  :]

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 9:21 AM

PugsAce:

... I'm also trying to figure-out a way to setup a desktop shortcut to automatically set my affinity with Iron. The quotation marks in the shortcut target line are throwing a wrench into the works when I enter the command line before it... 

Played around with the shortcut and got it to work... opens Iron to the gameclient window (I have that set in Iron) with core affinity set to first core of my quad core system only... now there's no need to do it everytime I open the game.  :)

Note: I'm running Vista... command line syntax is probably different with other OS's. *Remember... spaces ARE important!

My desktop shortcut's "Target" Line:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /AFFINITY 1 iron.exe

The "Start in" line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron"

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2011 9:22 AM

pugs,

give Comodo Dragon a try. Using the built in cookie control to block the MANY unneeded cookies and running it in incognito mode is a great way to clear up meter lag.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2011 10:03 AM

I use Comodo Dragon also. It is by far the best browser for this game, among the 4 or 5 different ones I have tried.

VanHalenLover:

pugs,

give Comodo Dragon a try. Using the built in cookie control to block the MANY unneeded cookies and running it in incognito mode is a great way to clear up meter lag.

VanHalenLover:

pugs,

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 1:37 PM

VanHalenLover:

pugs,

Welllllll...... Now, I KNOW it's not the keyboard   :/

Got a new one (needed it anyways), and the "chat delay" problem I've having is still there. Don't think it's a browser problem, as I've tried three different ones already with the same results.

"Iron" seeemed to give me a steadier meter, but THAT fell apart the last two rounds I've played (one yesterday... one today). Now, I dunno WHAT to try to fix the delay while typing into the chat box... maybe it's tryin to tell me something...   ;) lol

Haven't used Ccleaner since the problem showed-up... just remembered I have that to try... back to the drawing board...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 3:00 PM

PugsAce:
    Now, I dunno WHAT to try to fix the delay while typing into the chat box... maybe it's tryin to tell me something... 

LOL-Icon's living in your keyboard and moderating your chat.   :-D

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2011 5:51 AM

Just a shot in the dark.... it could be a faulty USB port. 

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 7:59 AM

Soulcatcher:

Just a shot in the dark.... it could be a faulty USB port. 

Hmmmm.... I wouldn't even know where or how to begin a test of my USB's... no "faults" show up in my device manager...

Just to update the thread (in case anyone else is "silently" suffering the same fate...

I ran my Ccleaner app with no apparent effects, and updated my video drivers again... still "no joy"   :(

BUT!... I've found a "workaround"!  :)

When I get the "chat lag" (evidenced by it not allowing further text entry)... if I mouseover something outside the gameclient window , such as the red X-"Close" button, the "Restore Down" button, or the "Minimize" button, the lag ends (within a second ot two) and I'm again able to continue text input into the chat-entry area!

I've no clue WHY this "mousing-over" action "fixes" the lag, but I am sure it's not just a coincidence because I've been using it alot lately, even though it's a pain inna ass.

• Purpleputter78
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 11:44 PM

Can anyone help me? My spacebar doesn't work in the chatbox. I have no issues with game delays I can type letters in the chat box, the only problem is I cannot use the spacebar. I have cleaned my keyboard and I'm not having any problems with the spacebar in my computer. The problem only exist on WGT when I try to type in the chatbox. Thank you...

RSS