Forums

Help › Forums

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ National Something on a Stick Day Giveaway!!

Thu, Mar 31 2016 10:29 AM (81 replies)
  • willemadriaan
    304 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 10:07 PM

hpurey:

April 5th, "go for broke" day?

National blue monday day,.lol happens every monday,.

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 10:19 PM

KyRock75:
    WGTShamWow:

Do Fish Fingers count? :) Any Dr. Who fans out there?

Bow-ties are cool.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2016 10:55 PM

Sorry was traveling today....but a noticeable absence of two of my favorite foods on a stick - OK not my fav but I have tried then

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 3:48 AM

I ordered those chicken feet by mistake in an authentic Chinese restaurant in Glasgow's Chinatown. Strangely enough it was like eating bone and cartilage wrapped in skin.

The only other 'out there' thing I've eaten was spicy dry roast locust in Krong Threp (Bangkok). That too was just as you'd expect, spicy, crunchy and quite horrible.

I'll stick to nice normal things...like haggis, lol. 

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 9:17 AM

Y'all are gonna think this is crazy.

Next Monday is National Walking Around Your School Hugging a Chicken week.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 9:51 AM

WGTShamWow:
    ***Bonus: First person to figure out what Holiday next week would get me drawn and quartered gets a bonus sleeve. Will be checking answers on Thursday as I am off for the next couple days. 

No Housework Day?

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 10:42 AM

garyk49:

Y'all are gonna think this is crazy.

Next Monday is National Walking Around Your School Hugging a Chicken week.

And what's so crazy about that?  Didn't you do that all the time when you were a kid?

• biteme100
    156 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 11:51 AM

Chicken Soup on a stick. Sorry I have the flu and am a bit delirious

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 12:12 PM

PaulTon:
    ordered those chicken feet by mistake in an authentic Chinese restaurant in Glasgow's Chinatown. Strangely enough it was like eating bone and cartilage wrapped in skin.

Yup, about sums it up, but throw in some congealed fat, and it is about spot on. I would not have tried them, but the missus ignored my "don't stare at the shopkeepers eating" warning whilst in China. Well of course she did and the next thing we knew was the shop keeper proudly handed us a chickens foot on a stick! Vile.

There was a huge scandal in the 90's in China as the chickens feet were imported from the US.....with a "not fit for human consumption" warning on the boxes.

And spicy BBQ'ed roaches was on a trip to Thailand. Equally vile, in fact worse as I had the mental aspect to overcome as well.

Haggis............is not much better - tastes friggen offal.

Edit - I will now probably be confronted with Scotsmen with pitchforks in one hand, a can of Tennents Super in the other screaming profanities at me for insulting the national delicacy

Now who else can I insult lol................

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2016 12:40 PM

WGTShamWow:

bubbsboy:

^^^^^^^^^^ could be burrying her first husband

Thank you for steering the thread clear of the other option for this post. Could have gotten uncomfortable around here really quick. :p

Sticky even ?

Damn, another pic I can't upload......

Tho I'm not sure a wooden bedpost counts as a stick ?  ;-))

RSS