Forums

Help › Forums

Battle Golf

Thu, Mar 17 2011 11:38 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tigertrox
    7 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:37 AM

Wanted to ask WGT to consider creating a another golf game format for match play..called "battle golf." 

Rules are simple: same as any match play with a twist...the player (player 1) who wins a hole is then given the opportunity to "remove" one of his opponent's (player 2) clubs from their bag by making it unavailable for use. The only two clubs not able to be "removed" would be the driver and putter. (For obvious reasons, the advantage would then be too great to one player) If player 2 wins a following hole, then he is given the same opportunity to "remove" a club from player 1's bag or to "replace" a previously "removed" club to his bag, thus making an inactive club active once again. 

However, all clubs would be active again to both players once the match has ended. It is not meant to be a permanent "removal" or inactivating of any club for either player.

Match play would a have a fun twist to game play as well as strategy! Consider needing to make a shot where you need a 6 iron, but it's been "removed," and now you have to make an adjusted shot with a weak 5 iron...could become very interesting...and frustrating at the same time!

Don't know if WGT can program this format or not...just a thought.

What do you think?

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:56 AM

Sounds kinda squirrely

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:38 AM

Great idea but I don't think WGT can make it. Maybe you could have a 'Friendly' version where it is possible to stop a player from using a club but it's not impossible I.E. after a player wins a hole he chooses a club and announces it in the chat menu. I'd pick 3wood if the next hole was a par 5 :)

• tigertrox
    7 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 8:34 AM

SgtDoodles:

Great idea but I don't think WGT can make it. Maybe you could have a 'Friendly' version where it is possible to stop a player from using a club but it's not impossible I.E. after a player wins a hole he chooses a club and announces it in the chat menu. I'd pick 3wood if the next hole was a par 5 :)

Sounds like a starting point... Would you be interested in giving the game a try?

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 10:19 AM

tigertrox:

SgtDoodles:

Sounds like a starting point... Would you be interested in giving the game a try?

Yeah! We could start a tournament for it!

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 10:20 AM

tigertrox:

SgtDoodles:

Will have to rely on a player's honesty as you don't know what club they are using.  Can be accidentally forgotten (and I do mean accidentally).

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 10:26 AM

MioKontic:

tigertrox:

SgtDoodles:

Will have to rely on a player's honesty as you don't know what club they are using.  Can be accidentally forgotten (and I do mean accidentally).

You'd have to elect two 'Unremovable' clubs at the start though, I have no driver!

• Johnnyb153
    11 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 3:16 PM

This ide a sounds horrible.

• kano31179
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 6:56 PM

I agree WGT should get the problems we already have fixed b4 they even start thinkin bout more game formats

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2011 9:04 AM

kano31179:

I agree WGT should get the problems we already have fixed b4 they even start thinkin bout more game formats

You really haven't read this all. We're saying how we would do it as a friendly format where both players just remember which clubs they can't use. We can't do an 18 holer though....

• PAGES
RSS