Forums

Help › Forums

low averages

Wed, May 4 2016 3:10 PM (39 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 2:15 PM

Another important thing to remember is that play in a WGT tournament or RTG tournament  is done from tees that are set by WGT. So the person with the super low average is now on equal footing with all other competitors in that tier. A truer way to judge various players  is to look at their winnings. And even this my be off if they have played lots of challenge rounds against players with more ego than sense. But a good rule of thumb most likely is that the more credits they have won the truer their average.

• TorstenKammerer
    48 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 7:53 PM

budfan4861:

I don't understand why anyone would want to play from the reds. Hitting driver (3wood), then wedge, then putt sounds like a da*#med boring way to play the game. Where is the challenge in that. It's bad enough that we have clubs here (& balls) that go a long way towards facilitating low scores. Then people want to go firing from the kiddie tees. To each their own ego i guess.

Well just maybe it dose not have anything to do with scores or averages. When you play the same old courses over and over it may be a nice  change of scenery to play from the other teebox's totally changes the way a hole plays.

Can't blame somebody from getting bored and wanting a change of scenery.

Do the best you can, have Fun and don't worry about what others do, it dose not matter.

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 9:43 AM

HackWilson1930:

Another important thing to remember is that play in a WGT tournament or RTG tournament  is done from tees that are set by WGT. So the person with the super low average is now on equal footing with all other competitors in that tier. A truer way to judge various players  is to look at their winnings. And even this my be off if they have played lots of challenge rounds against players with more ego than sense. But a good rule of thumb most likely is that the more credits they have won the truer their average.

If  remember correctly winnings from match play challenge matches and a few other winnings are not included in your career earnings.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 2:10 PM

I fairly recently made Champ tier, and am proud to know that at least 3 of my 200 rounds were played on Unevens. 

Yeah. There were a few red tee rounds in there.

--------------

If you want to fox folk, give 'em a red tee round on one of the courses that result in trying to hit angled fairways. Those can be challenging. 

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 2:52 PM

For Budfan4861,

If your CC sets up a competition from tees shorter than your "average" would normally dictate, do you abstain from those games? 

My CC requires that Members participate in a set number of games (per month) and they may be Match, Tournaments or just games between CC Members. Because of my schedule, I often participate in the Tournaments and do not feel guilty if the Member who set the game up choses short tees - it is a competition between those playing.

Most of us don't give a "toot" about averages. When we have matches between our Club and others, we can easily see if "short tees" are affecting the Club.

If we are not "pure" enough for you, then award yourself the "PROUD CHEST THUMPER OF THE MONTH TROPHY"!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 3:32 PM

brucereffett:

as i can see in your stats  99% of your games played , are green , or played as tricked courses which is ok , but can you play right out wgt ranked and hold your stats , probably not but it is your game set match

Actually the green only means that its a CC tournament and nothing more .As for me it is very very seldom that I play outside of my club other than playing practice rounds . I dont play A/S or M/P due to the connection problems . Unless Im working on practicing with my irons I dont use the easy tees . All of my ranked rounds are from the tips with the exception of maybe 3 rounds at the most and those were from the hard tees .

Anyway why are you so concerned about other players averages ? I thought that my initial response said it all .However you play it will have no effect on other players game .Play your game and dont worry about the next guy .

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 4:25 PM

Wheels,

For whatever reason, the CC i am a member of only plays tournaments which require paying an entry fee. I live in Tennessee & therefore cannot participate in a game in which i have to pay "money" to play. Yes, i do abstain from playing this game from any tee box other than that which is appropriate for my tier. So yeah, i guess i am a purist, and i'll accept my PROUD CHEST THUMPER OF THE MONTH trophy. I can always find room for one more award.  

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 5:02 PM

budfan4861:

Wheels,

For whatever reason, the CC i am a member of only plays tournaments which require paying an entry fee. I live in Tennessee & therefore cannot participate in a game in which i have to pay "money" to play. Yes, i do abstain from playing this game from any tee box other than that which is appropriate for my tier. So yeah, i guess i am a purist, and i'll accept my PROUD CHEST THUMPER OF THE MONTH trophy. I can always find room for one more award.  

Hey bud got a few openings in my cc if you want to join a more reasonable club . We are a small but active club and have 5-7 tourneys at any given time going on the majority being free to play . Players are also allowed and encouraged to set up tournaments as well and we only have 2 requirements .

1 That you play the weekly major.

2 That you play and have fun . You dont have to buy passes or jump through hoops to be a member either . Food for thought .

• brucereffett
    14 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2016 6:04 PM

what i think is not for your opinion or concern

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2016 8:40 AM

the beaver falls country club est 2016 has free and pay tournaments as do many others. problem with the pay ones only the real good golfers win those.!!  Then if set up lower tier no one plays in them :-(  best to have all 3 and hope for the best.

RSS