Forums

Help › Forums

low averages

Wed, May 4 2016 3:10 PM (39 replies)
  • brucereffett
    14 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 5:00 AM

i see many players with low,low averages then check there stats and seems they are playing tricked up club tourneys or easy tee's,easy pins .  try playing regular wgt games instead and see if you can earn the same averages but once you have floated out your average won't go up !!!      "kinda shamefull"

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:10 AM

There are quite a few red tee heroes around here but there are also many who have a genuinely low average.  The problem is average saturation.  Once you have a certain number of ranked rounds in your current tier your average only goes down so, eventually, nearly anyone can have a super low average.  Until they tier up again at least, which doesn't happen automatically once you reach champion.

I agree 100% that doing it the red tee way is pathetic though.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:17 AM

Of course. It is important to savor the reality of it. It has come about because wgt implemented the ability for any CC owner to set any course to any degree they see fit...whether you believe it is right or wrong absolutely does not matter, it is an in-place fact of the game. I have been here long enough to guarantee to you that if players had to play their default tees and had to complete all games, there would be only  two or three players. tops (if) here now or from the past who would be below a 60 average...another fact of life...guaranteed.

~ SP ~

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:32 AM

What another player does is none of your business . I dont know why so many people feel that others have to play to please them . Whatever you do has no effect on my game play so I could care less . However they accomplish their goals then so be it .WGT allows it so no harm no foul .

Worry about your own game and what you do as a player .Play the game and have fun and stop being so petty and trying to find faults with others .

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 10:44 AM

lonniescott711:
    What another player does is none of your business . I dont know why so many people feel that others have to play to please them . Whatever you do has no effect on my game play so I could care less . However they accomplish their goals then so be it .WGT allows it so no harm no foul .

+1000!

Egobaggers don't harm anybody but themselves because, at some time, they can't live up to their own expectations. Those who want to tier up prematurely shall do so - why not let New Ideas think of a "Tier-Up Boost"?

Those who object want to measure their own status against the others' - I don't follow this opinion.

• brucereffett
    14 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 11:18 AM

as i can see in your stats  99% of your games played , are green , or played as tricked courses which is ok , but can you play right out wgt ranked and hold your stats , probably not but it is your game set match

• brucereffett
    14 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 11:23 AM

checking my stats , all my stats are true wgt ranked rounds or black labeled , with no tricks

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 11:27 AM

I totally agree with both LScott and Paul, it is all about the fun and being able to enjoy both the tips and the reds to extend this fun.

~ SP ~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 1:42 PM

alosso:
    Egobaggers

LOL. Nice one.  ;-)

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2016 1:55 PM

I don't understand why anyone would want to play from the reds. Hitting driver (3wood), then wedge, then putt sounds like a da*#med boring way to play the game. Where is the challenge in that. It's bad enough that we have clubs here (& balls) that go a long way towards facilitating low scores. Then people want to go firing from the kiddie tees. To each their own ego i guess.

RSS