Forums

Help › Forums

A thread for Sweetie Pie...

Fri, Dec 30 2016 9:11 AM (25 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 7:14 PM

Most of the regulars on here recognize Lily as the sage of all things "haute". To wit, I ended up agreeing to attend an exhibit on "Horology". I only agreed to go because I thought it had to do with loose women. Nope. My "sophisticated" buddy explained that horology had to do with watches and clocks..that sort of thing. I thought, OK, well I needed a watch anyway, so let's see what they have.

Now, I'm an ex-soldier..a meat and potatoes guy. I was expecting Timex, Casio, Seiko, maybe a high end watch like a Bulova...you know, watches...pffft

There were some names I actually recognized...Rolex ($58,000) and Cartier ($52,000), and Omega (James Bond fame), but most I'd never heard of, so I made note: Hublot ($45,000), Piaget ($150,000), Patek-Phillipe ($100,000), Richard Mille (price by request?), BVlgari, Blancpain...and many others. These watches didn't include taxes, which in Ontario is 13%. On the Piaget, that's an additional $19,500. Almost 20 grand ..in taxes..for a watch?

They even had used watches..a "vintage" Rolex went for about $25,000. My new Chevrolet didn't cost as much as a used watch...oi vey

..Walmart, here I come.:)

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 10:17 PM

I sure hope Henry K. comes back soon... his crap is way more interesting than yours.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 10:15 AM

pdb1:

Yes . Lily knows what time it is . Nice going Lily . Lol .

LMMFAO !!!! At least you won't be late for that hot date .

Typical pdb post that makes no sense at all!  You wouldn't know high-class if it bit ya in the butt!

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 11:47 AM

andyson:

pdb1:

Typical pdb post that makes no sense at all!  You wouldn't know high-class if it bit ya in the butt!

Dude, I don't know ya from Adam but seriously, chill the heck out.

This started out as a fun post from CT and you have twisted it to be about PDB.

I don't want to get into a "thing" with you, but you're being a d*ck here.

Cheers,

Peter

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 12:33 PM

Duckster789:

I sure hope Henry K. comes back soon... his crap is way more interesting than yours.

Alas Ducky...while you're clearly one of the select few in tune with Henry's world view, you weren't the intended audience. I posted this for someone with culture and a sense of humor.

ps. good luck finding your crayons.:)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 12:50 PM

petervcpt:
    Dude, I don't know ya from Adam but seriously, chill the heck out.

Take a chill pill yourself DUDE!  Lily is a good friend of mine and pdb took an unwarranted shot (IMO) at her.  But then again, only pdb knows what his posts mean.......unfortunately.

• Yiannis1970
    3,284 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 1:01 PM

ct690911:

Most of the regulars on here recognize Lily is the sage of all things "haute". To wit, I ended up agreeing to attend an exhibit on "Horology"...I only agreed to go because I thought it had to do with loose women. Nope...When I got there, my "sophisticated" buddy explained that horology had to do with watches and clocks..that sort of thing. I thought, OK, well I needed a watch anyway, so let's see what they have.

The term comes from the Greek word ''ΩΡΑ'' which means time/hour.

Cheers pal.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 1:06 PM

Yep, seems like no matter what the original post is about, someone's gotta make a snipe at it these days. Where's the light hearted humor gone? That's it, crayons at 20 paces, lessin' ya got one of them gol' dang golden putter thingys, then make it ten.

Doc :)

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 1:33 PM

pdb1:

ct690911:
    Most of the regulars on here recognize Lily is the sage of all things "haute". To wit,

Seriously Paul, relegating these watches to merely telling the time, is like referring to a Mclaren 650, or a Bugatti Veyron as a way to get around town. Technically, both statements are true...but.

ps: If I could afford any of the above, I suspect my date would be pretty hot..lol

RSS