Forums

Help › Forums

Just don't make them like they used to..

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 4 2016 5:14 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JSmithers
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 10:01 AM

Trying to get a game with a Legend is like pulling teeth.  I've never been booted from so many games than I have in the last 2 months.   Maybe I'm crazy but the way I'm wired I'd always want to play someone who is ranked above me to prove myself to show them what I'm made of.  The Legend Tier has gone soft.  Toughen up Legends and don't be afraid of a challenge.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 11:58 AM

Well, I would accept if it weren't for the fact that your StrokePlay average is lower than my best posted round.  I didn't earn (yes...EARN..not paid for....EARN) my 50K+ credit bank by accepting stupid challenges.  So, pick on someone yer own size!  :)  And, don't be selfish with the clock!

d. :)

• VegasWade
    486 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 11:59 AM

I'm game. Friend request sent. MP is fine.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:13 PM

JSmithers:
    Maybe I'm crazy but the way I'm wired I'd always want to play someone who is ranked above me to prove myself to show them what I'm made of.

Really?  Is this why yer so worried about the rank BELOW you?

just wunnerin' :)

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:19 PM

Nitpickingly: Two ranks!

• JSmithers
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:47 PM

To answer your question I'm not worried about any rank.  I'm just curious what kind of Kool-Aid is being drank by the Legends now.  I could care less what rank you are or how many ranks separate us.  I do know that when I was a Legend I did not shy away from players who were "better" than me according to their stats.  I was simply trying to understand the thought process of never challenging yourself.  50K bank is nice and honestly I want to say that is impressive.   Would you turn down a game against a TM or M?  Maybe WGT needs to create a setting where you can search for a specific tier only.  Might solve some issues with getting booted from 20 straight lobbies before finding a game. 

for the record if you and I were switched and you were the champion I'd do my best to beat you

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:56 PM

alosso:

Nitpickingly: Two ranks!

Lmao@him!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 1:05 PM

JSmithers:

Trying to get a game with a Legend is like pulling teeth.  I've never been booted from so many games than I have in the last 2 months.   Maybe I'm crazy but the way I'm wired I'd always want to play someone who is ranked above me to prove myself to show them what I'm made of.  The Legend Tier has gone soft.  Toughen up Legends and don't be afraid of a challenge.

There are plenty of players at Champ tier who will be more than willing to give you that chance . Why arent you trying to play Tour Legends or are you afraid of them too ? I`m sure though that if you just stick with your tier you will find plenty of players who beat you worse than you want . Just ask around and they will beat you so bad that you will quit playing .

• JSmithers
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 1:16 PM

Ok ok ok ok.  Let me break this down a little bit more.  When I go to matchplay challenge or skins game challenge and all that pop up are legends or I get put in 15 different Legend lobbies and get booted from them all.  All I was asking is where are your balls. This is not me complaining.  I'm just curious.

lonniescott711 although we don't know each other I sent you a friend request so that maybe I can get a game with you.  Since you don't know me or how I play I figured we could get a round or two in.  I never quit btw.  I'm not afraid of any player in this game.  Will some beat me.. sure. But not without me giving them a fight.  I've played Champions who are some of the best in the game. Hope to see you soon out on the course.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2016 7:37 PM

JSmithers:

Ok ok ok ok.  Let me break this down a little bit more.  When I go to matchplay challenge or skins game challenge and all that pop up are legends or I get put in 15 different Legend lobbies and get booted from them all.  All I was asking is where are your balls. This is not me complaining.  I'm just curious.

lonniescott711 although we don't know each other I sent you a friend request so that maybe I can get a game with you.  Since you don't know me or how I play I figured we could get a round or two in.  I never quit btw.  I'm not afraid of any player in this game.  Will some beat me.. sure. But not without me giving them a fight.  I've played Champions who are some of the best in the game. Hope to see you soon out on the course.

I understand what you're saying...but...

In an MPC, I can see why Legends don't want to play with Champ's.

You should too.

Now Skins Challenge is a different story, especially if you have 4 players in the game.

• PAGES
RSS