Forums

Help › Forums

F! the quitters

Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:08 PM (32 replies)
  • Ahntrio3
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:55 PM

Hey ***, try lowercase next time.  Or go play real golf, frigging Brit pansy.

• murducas
    65 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:00 PM

Who you calling a Brit Pansy??? Im an Army officer, and one of the few people in the world to have scaled the five most dangerous faces in climbing, Im hardly a pansy you little xenophobic nerd, watch your mouth.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:37 AM

I've played 3 multiplayer games so far - not counting the 3-4 with friends I trust. In all three games people have quit. Thankfully two of them either quit via the menu or forfeited, so at least the game didn't freeze. But the last one did, and destroyed the game for 3 other people. So that's 3 quitters in 3 games so far. Is that really the normal odds? One of them had a decent round, was a legend, but then after one bad drive it was "Disconnected".

I like your suggestion marioh. But you should smash their skulls in instead of their computer. Hit them where it hurts.

One thing I'd really like to see is an ignore or block list. I've added 3 names to my list, but it would be much better if this was done in the game so we didn't have to face these cowards. After a while they wouldn't get any games.

• AwsomeAl
    237 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:55 AM

Is there not a simple solution to all this???

If you quit or disconnect you have no alternative but to continue your round by yourself at the next time of logging on....Pretty simple and im sure WGT could introduce this. Just take out the forfeit option.

If your having a bad round, so be it. Grow up and get on with it. Try and get the shots back and become a better player and a better sportsman.

Pangaea:
    One thing I'd really like to see is an ignore or block list. I've added 3 names to my list, but it would be much better if this was done in the game so we didn't have to face these cowards. After a while they wouldn't get any games.

Totally agree with this.

• jayvgee
    9 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 2:34 AM

I  Absolutetly  Totally Agree, golfers  whom  are  rated  Amateure and Higher   , if they  have a Bad Round or  looseing ,  and  when  they are  the last   hole  and  their opponent is  to putt  out  of  their  winning score  they  disconnect  and   its  Not  recorded ,  thats really  frustrating  , Hope  there  is  as fairer way  to  compensate these unfortunate players  whom want  to have Fun and  whom  which  is  not  experience  enough to acheive their   goal.

• trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 3:29 AM

AwsomeAl:
    Is there not a simple solution to all this???

Yes... and hear it is

WGT needs to attach a 'Disconnect %' next to a players name for all to see, it would look like this: Trumpy959 6%. That number indicates the number of times a player disconnected from a Ranked game on the WGT system for whatever reason. Obviously it wouldnt apply to a practice round.  As a player completes Ranked rounds it would effect the number in a positive way...

Its not perfect but would be an improvement and most definately expose those players who tend to leave games. Some here would argue that there intent was to play with the people that started the game and if everyone left  they should recieve a FREE exit. I say NO WAY to that and hears why;  If you join a ranked game you do so knowing that in some way your average WILL be effected. Once you join  you either finish, or your Disconnect % gets whacked. If you dont want to be alone then call your Mommy.

This system works quiet well for the EA Sports franchise and could also work here. It then becomes each players choice as to what there comfort level for disconnects would be. I personaly would feel safe with players who had single digit disconnect rate's. With this number visible if you see someone join your game and there 20% or higher (or whatever you deem to be inappropreate), you can then ask them to leave or whatever you feel is necessary.

It becomes painfully obvious very quickly who the quitters are. Im sure the talented developers here at WGT who perform miricles on a regular basis (refer to the most recent updates) could easily add this small helpful number next to a players name.

my $.02

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:25 AM

Pangaea:
    I've played 3 multiplayer games so far - not counting the 3-4 with friends I trust. In all three games people have quit. Thankfully two of them either quit via the menu or forfeited, so at least the game didn't freeze. But the last one did, and destroyed the game for 3 other people. So that's 3 quitters in 3 games so far. Is that really the normal odds? One of them had a decent round, was a legend, but then after one bad drive it was "Disconnected".

I like your suggestion marioh. But you should smash their skulls in instead of their computer. Hit them where it hurts.

Pretty much, yes.  I played a couple of rounds as a legend a few days ago when we were getting championship greens, and I tried playing multiplayer.  Two games hung from people quitting out, and in the third game, two out of the three players quit, with only myself and some other guy finishing.

• Grummangy
    7 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:59 AM

Not the best comback mate. I also have served. Smelled of bignoting yourself. Should have just told him to jump off a cliff and given him options as to which one gave the most pleasure on the way down.

Fight without them ever knowing you were there ;-)

G

• AwsomeAl
    237 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:19 AM

trumpy959:
    WGT needs to attach a 'Disconnect %' next to a players name for all to see

Liking it very much, at least then we have more control on who WE want to play with.

trumpy959:
    If you dont want to be alone then call your Mommy.

LMAO

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:20 AM

I think I have come up with the best solution to solve this Quitting Syndrome.  Something similar to what was mentioned by Mr. Trumpy above. You have to hit them where it hurts the most.  Not their skulls, it is just a game after all and violence of any sort is really silly.  You need to give em a  kick to their Big Egos.

Since they are so concerned about their stats and false averages,  WGT should add one more stat for them to look at..  Right below the # of ranked rounds played,  have the # of rounds quit.

# of ranked rounds played.                                                 1100

# of rounds quit                                                                     600

Remember stats never lie, you will all be exposed for what you truly are.

LOSER's

RSS