Forums

Help › Forums

Am I missing something regarding credits?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:14 PM (9 replies)
  • TWI2T3D
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 4:13 PM

I've been playing for months and had earned ~500 credits. I think I remember spending some on challenges or something and just bought a driver for 300.

Nearly everyone I play seems to have expensive clubs. Have those people paid real money for them? Because it seems like they would cost a lot of credits/money, and I'm not really convinced there are that many people spending those amounts.

I see a lot of entry fees for tournaments are 500 credits. It seems a bit odd that the fee is that high if you only earn that in many months.

Also, at the end of each round I'm asked to gift a certain item to my opponent for 500 credits. That's about as much as I've ever had. So, am I missing some way of collecting credits. Should (or rather could) I have a lot more than that?

I have had a look through some different game types but I haven't seen anything that generates credits without having to pay a large amount...and then be good enough to finish in the prizes. So I'm a bit stumped as to whether I'm failing to see something or not.

If this just comes down to being willing to pay for things, is there at least a way to disable the gift pop-up at the end of a round?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 5:10 PM

To win a lot of credits you need good kit...and to get good kit you need a lot of credits...the circle has always been thus.

Basically, folks garner credits two ways..by watching videos (many of which are available only in the USA), or by purchasing them using a credit card. With the Canadian exchange rate, a decent set of irons costs the same as a couple of large pizzas.

I have purchased the majority of of my equipment. I have also gifted to others and have received gifts. For the hours of entertainment I get in return, the cost is well worth it.

At the end of the day, I know of no "easy" way to collect large sums of credits. You either pay with your time and patience watching videos, or you buy them.

ct

• cobojoe
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2016 6:04 PM

well said CT. 

• Butchbbay
    948 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 6:06 PM

I find that the easiest and fastest way to collect credits is to download the WGT App on a smartphone or tablet. On the bottom left hand corner it will read "earn free credits". Tap on that then tap "credit reward videos". The videos are 15-30 seconds long and you can get quite a few that way. I mostly do it at night while watching T.V. I can't remember the last time I actually had to pay out of pocket for  equipment or balls. Hopefully this is available where you live.Hope this helps. Thanks. Butch.

• Tr0j0n
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:36 AM

also from the earn free credits screen can go to the complete surveys - these usually give 90 credits each - a bit time consuming, but quicker than videos.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 8:03 AM

TWI2T3D:
    Have those people paid real money for them?

Most have. Others watched videos. But almost nobody wasted credits on buying CC passes ;-) Renting clubs is a waste of them as well. 

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 8:19 AM

mkrizan86:

TWI2T3D:

Most have. Others watched videos. But almost nobody wasted credits on buying CC passes ;-) Renting clubs is a waste of them as well. 

Ouch

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:53 AM

mkrizan86:

TWI2T3D:

So true so true . Also players outside of the U.S. have a harder time when it comes to earning the free credits . This is due to the fact that the majority of ads and sponsors are U.S. based and they arent doing business in the international community . So the videos and surveys arent geared towards the foreign market .

Earning free credits is very time consuming but worth it in the long run . I have been playing for 5 years now and never spent a penny out of pocket . So you can play but its going to cost you one way or the other .

Stop wasting your credits on rentals and buying passes and save them for club upgrades . Put some time into playing the game and work towards building a credit stash . Pick out the clubs that you will need for future upgrades and then save for them . You cant play for credits with the clubs that you have neither you nor the clubs are good enough for that .Thats just the way it is  so build and save and save and build play and learn the game .

RSS