Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeit Fatigue

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 25 2018 8:28 AM (27 replies)
  • TwinDaddy129
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 6:18 AM

While I built my account many years ago, I’ve only been playing the mobile version for a couple of months now.  So you more experienced players, help me out…why do so many players forfeit so readily?  I’ve had opponents forfeit on the 1st hole!  And some have sent angry posts…like it’s my fault you hit a wayward drive?  Really aggravating.  Shouldn’t be a big deal, I guess…I get their coin with less effort.  But I lose out on experience points that would help me advance sooner.  I’ve been down 2 w/1 to play and ended up tying the game.  And I’ve lost by 5 and never thought of backing out.  So man up you quitters out there.  Stay in the game and take your medicine.  Don’t make me question your manhood. 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 7:50 AM

TwinDaddy129:

While I built my account many years ago, I’ve only been playing the mobile version for a couple of months now.  So you more experienced players, help me out…why do so many players forfeit so readily?  I’ve had opponents forfeit on the 1st hole!  And some have sent angry posts…like it’s my fault you hit a wayward drive?  Really aggravating.  Shouldn’t be a big deal, I guess…I get their coin with less effort.  But I lose out on experience points that would help me advance sooner.  I’ve been down 2 w/1 to play and ended up tying the game.  And I’ve lost by 5 and never thought of backing out.  So man up you quitters out there.  Stay in the game and take your medicine.  Don’t make me question your manhood. 

#1) You are a L61 Tour Pro so its not that serious .

#2) If you want XPs then play practice rounds .

#3) You really dont play or put in time in to level up so it really doesnt matter .

#4) This is only a game build you a friends list of players who dont quit and play only those on that list . Again this is only a game and questioning some ones "manhood" over a game is not what real men do . So before you question anothers "manhood" check your own first . After all this is only a game .

• TwinDaddy129
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2016 12:09 PM

well, from your 2000+ posts I guess you are a serious player, Lonnie.  I do play practice rounds and tourneys.  Maybe you're so good you don't concentrate on leveling up.  But it's the main motivation for my play.  I don't play to win games...I play to reach new levels of proficiency.  I wasn't questioning anyone's manhood...I was encouraging them to play out the game they entered so I wouldn't have to question their commitment.  And it was tongue in cheek so lighten up. Maybe you're one of those I was talking about?

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 3:57 PM

Don't know the answer to your question. You might want to consider joining a country club. If you're looking for one with a lot of mobile players, there was a thread on this a while back.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/393983/2723925.aspx#2723925

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 8:21 PM

The OP has a very valid point.

Although I play most of the time on the PC, I do play the mobile version, and I can attest that there are many times more quitters on mobile than on PC. They often quit with one putt to go, which is incredibly stupid. One more putt would not count toward ball life, would not cost them any more coins, and would add to their XP totals.

Got lucky today. Rolled in a 25 foot bird before my opponent forfeited, so I got the XPs. But it happens a lot in 3 hole mobile games, and I can understand the OP's frustration.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 12:03 AM

TwinDaddy129:
    I do play practice rounds and tourneys.  Maybe you're so good you don't concentrate on leveling up.  But it's the main motivation for my play.  I don't play to win games...I play to reach new levels of proficiency. 

My two Pfennig:

It's an online game played alone in front of our screens, and some gamers may not lose a thought about their counterparts. In other games, they are killed and destroyed, so "quitting" may be a minor issue to them.

On mobile, it's even more gaming than on PC, given all the short games and gaming rooms etc. (and perhaps the lower average age of the players).

In consequence, whether you strive for new levels or for tiers - don't do it in MP games. MPs are just and only for fun, and there's a helluvit with friends or CC mates that won't quit due to the social bonds they have with you!

Last but not least: If someone annoys you, block him and forget him - they aren't worth a second thought.

RSS