Forums

Help › Forums

CC PASSES VALUABLE OR WORTHLESS

Tue, Aug 9 2016 5:56 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 7:47 AM

The value of a CC pass depends on the size and longevity of your Country Club. If your CC is small or new the usage of a CC pass is rewarding to your members. Speaking as the current owner of Serenity CC which was created more than four years ago and with a large membership the CC pass currently has no value.  When a CC advances from level to level it receives various benefits such as XP bonuses, the Pals, Super passes, an increase in member size and the number of officers etc. Once a CC has attained level 16 all available benefits come to an abrupt end. At level 17 a statement of “MORE LEVELS COMING SOON” is posted but nothing has been added in a very long time. I have not read anywhere in this forum or in the WGT news about any plans to add additional levels and benefits. So I conclude that for some CC’s the pass is valuable and for those of us who have surpassed level 16 it is worthless and the purchase of one of these passes is a waste of money.

Bob/HO

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 8:29 AM

Absolutely agree Bob. Our club is still in the throes of moving through the levels, so passes do have some value to us. However, I really cannot understand the level 19 clubs continually 'beasting' (for want of a better word) their members into playing/buying passes - maybe it is a 'jam tomorrow' obsession.

Even though we are still moving through the levels, we certainly do not encourage pass buying - there are two free ones available every 24 hours, and the second one scores fewer points than the first (depending on your CDP value of course). So buy a pass and use it on an 18 hole round, scoring maybe a 65, and you are effectively paying one credit for every 13/14 points scored. Certainly not good value to my mind. Play the round without a pass, and the points still get added to your personal score - it's a no brainer.

Bill

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 8:34 AM

+1000, and I'd give this statement,

largemouth51:
    the purchase of one of these passes is a waste of money.

unbounded validity.

The only benefits of real credits' worth are the Putter and Shot pals - CC L4 (four) is sufficient for these.

Experience and observation shows that, for an "old style CC" the value of benefits ends at about CC L7, with the small exception of "more tournaments".

New and small CCs may need some levels more to get more openings for members. Alas, they may rise in membership in parallel to rising in CC levels if only one daily free CC pass will be used by most of the members. IIRC, CC L11 is the final step to 250 spaces.

One free daily CC pass brings the maximum of +-1,000 XPs when used with the CDP bonus, and any additional paid CC pass can only bring a fraction of this, while blocking the use of a free pass for 12 hours. Pling pling...

In a Clash, buying one CC pass will practically eliminate the use of free passes because you'd have to wait four hours for the next free one and might miss your CC's next Clash. Pling pling...

Other than that, the whole arrangement of CC XPs, Levels, benefits, Clashes is a money maker for the company, crowned by the hype around the Golden Calf - ehm - Putter. Two CCs are in front in this "pudding race" (apologies to Mr. Burns), and many have high illusions. Pling pling...

"Old style" meant that 500 crs were sufficient for a full size CC. Imagine how many balls and passes etc. are now necessary to reach CC L11, how many passes are bought in vain in the Clashes - pling pling...

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2016 9:17 AM

We encourage our members to use the free pass only for the hope that WGT will someday realize the stupidity of not recognizing the value of country clubs, and do something to enhance the benefits of them. We completely discourage buying a pass. Ball usage is the number one moneymaker for WGT. What do they think creates the mass majority of ball usage on this game? The couple of dozen tournaments they may have up at any given time or the thousands of tournaments that are actively played in country clubs? Their long time ignorance of country clubs boggles the mind, mine anyways.I think their is little doubt that we are the bread and butter of their business, yet all we seem to get from them is a raping and then they toss a pink flamingo our way. WTF?

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2016 7:08 AM

TY all for your responses

Bob/HO

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 11:08 AM

pdb1:
    alosso:
    New and small CCs may need some levels more to get more openings for members. Alas, they may rise in membership in parallel to rising in CC levels if only one daily free CC pass will be used by most of the members. IIRC, CC L11 is the final step to 250 spaces.

Not a common goal . IMHO . Can be done without the passes .

What? "Rise in CC level for the desired size" can be done without passes?

Besides: I didn't advocate 250 spaces...

pdb1:
    It is commonly more a desire to trim to a number much below the 250 maximum . To compensate and adjust to more realistic sizes . That are reasonably manageable . 

Hence the lack of support and or permissions for admin within .

Häh? What do you want to tell me with the last sentence?

• PAGES
RSS