Forums

Help › Forums

PUTT PREVIEW IS NOT GOLF

Fri, Sep 23 2016 8:49 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • thadiesel0
    138 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 3:40 PM

Ok first off I think this putt preview is kinda ridiculous and not a part of golf in anyway .. 2nd off at least give the option to turn it off in settings where if one player turns it off then say other player can't use it as well !! Don't see how it's even fair for players they may have a friendly wager and that's leaves the option for a player to cheat .. I could understand it in practice or solo play but not in head to head matches at all !!! It's not golf it's cheating and taking away the whole concept of green reading !!! Hate it and hate the idea !! Tks 

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 12:19 PM

1. What is "putt preview"?

2. Where can you turn it off/on?

3. How is it a "cheat" option, does it show you where to aim & how much power to use?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:22 PM

Wheels65:
    1. What is "putt preview"?

Yeah, I'd like to know, too, unless he's talking about the aim line the shows up when you hold the mouse down. That sure isn't a preview of a putting arc, though.

Could it be a mobile thing?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:37 PM

I seem to remember there is/was a putting aid for hacks and amateurs in game (for the rest in practice mode only). It showed where to stop the meter at the correct power for the distance required?

• thadiesel0
    138 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:50 PM

Yea bro it's a mobile thing !! The harder version that is !!!! :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 4:33 PM

They have that in the mobile version and as an avatar-move golfer, I think it's really helpful. That's just a strength thing, though, doesn't help anything else.

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 7:42 AM

I've just checked the mobile version and completely agree with the OP.

After you aim you drag back to your proposed putting strength then let go. A line appears that shows where the ball roll and where it will stop. If your a bit left or right simply adjust your aim and putt.

I did 4 putts 2 of which I had to adjust and dropped all 4.

Now I don't play the mobile version except for daily XP when I'm away from computer and then only in practice mode but if it's available in ranked rounds it's ludicrous and has no place in a serious golf sim.

• ScottHope
    10,351 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 7:47 AM

From the limited information that I could find about this, it should only be available in practise games.

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 8:09 AM

I've just checked it out again. After my last post I started a tournament game on PC, saved after getting on the green then switched to mobile to resume and putt.

The putter preview was NOT available.

Sorry for my rant got a bit overexcited there lol.

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:06 AM

I play on an iPad and have only seen it in practice mode. 

• PAGES
RSS