Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 12:51 PM

hello all captains

start sending your teams over to me please this week

finny

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 2:23 PM

Just played my match against Vivian1234,was good company but certainly not good golf.Hit my worst score on CB b9 :( I also messed up and had to set up the b9 seperately,because i forgot to set it to 18 DOH!

GROUP 4  MATCH 3   Russellfahey v  Vivian1234  37-37(39-2) so in good old Monty python's Black night fashion so we'll call it a draw then lol.

Russell

• tseeqhim
    495 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 3:15 PM

Group 2, Game 3, Match 1 (Las Vegas White Knights vs Carolina Sandhills):

tseeqhim (CS) defeated fourta (LVWK), 45-36.

Enjoyed playing the round of golf with you, fourta. Play well in your remaining matches!

• TEdUp
    1,381 Posts
    Sat, Apr 8 2017 4:18 PM

Game #3   LAS VEGAS BLACK KNIGHTS vs THE EAGLE CLUB ASSOCIATION

I played my match with Rick (RCassort) earlier today and he won BIG time 40-34...I kept burning the edges of the cup on most of my putts...very frustrating to say the least...I couldn't seem to sink a putt to save my life...and when I did it was usually to salvage a par...lol

I knew it was all but over after Rick drained a 40 footer for eagle on the 8th hole, par 5...I kept my chin up though and the back nine was virtually even...he'd done the damage on the front...also I had to deduct 2 pts from my score as the handicap stipulated...Rick played really well and deserved the win...he will become a Legend pretty soon with the way he can play :)

Here are the links to the score card >>> CBAY F9  +  CBAY B9

TEdUp (Gary)

• DanWidget
    1,307 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 1:40 AM

darek2:

DanWidget    Last Vegas Knights       29+4 = 33

Darek2          Carolina Sandhills         45

group 2   game 3  match 6        DanWigdet  vs Darek2      33-45

thx Phil for a game , vul putt's

oops other way  4pt  

final      group 2   game 3  match 6        DanWigdet  vs Darek2  29- 41   (45-4)

Cheers for a fun game, you are one hell of a player and thanks for the encouragement and tips.

As you can all see it was pretty much a massacare and my butt is still stinging from the whooping it recieved LOL.

Good luck in all of your future battles.

Phil 

• PeteWinyard
    2,583 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 2:41 AM

Hi Finny - I'm posting on behalf of Baldace..

Bridgestone Avengers v Calm Waters

Baldace v magpie63 = a Draw

I played my match against magpie63 tonight. He was playing very well and by the 14th I had got back my 2 pt handicap so we were all square.

At this point his internet threw a wobbly and he was disco'd. I sat in the lobby but sadly he did not make it back. I was entitled to claim the result as he agreed but in the spirit of golf and BGCC I offered him the draw and insisted he take it.

Colin.

• pepsieric1963
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 2:49 AM

"I was entitled to claim the result as he agreed but in the spirit of golf and BGCC I offered him the draw and insisted he take it."

The world class ! Clap clap clap

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 3:38 AM

thx pete for posting this

thx to your player for offering the draw when he could have claimed the match,

this is what my comp is about,

finny

• luis000
    143 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 4:53 AM

Group 4, Game 3, Match 3 SEL Tigermoths vs No Quitters luis000(NQ) 46 points v Debrug(T) 44 points

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Apr 9 2017 5:21 AM

Nice to see some top games and some friendly banter going on here, and some sportsmanship.

On a side note after the Clash an owner (no surprise who that is) tried to lure away one of our A team players, waste of their time but they still tried.

Thing is they have 2 teams in this comp so we at SEL find that bad taste indeed.

On with the show.

RSS