Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 2:48 AM

Honourable edit part is spot on Jure..

To me if Captains know there player has tried and he advises the oppo captain that, then a concede is only way forward, respect willl be gained im sure.

Then drag your member round the bin sheds for chinese burns (minimum)

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 4:31 AM

Don't really want to open a new thread for this, but since he played in this...What happened to this player is bad enough, without some a$$hole posting a dumba$$ comment on his wall.

default.aspx

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 5:17 AM

mkrizan86:

Don't really want to open a new thread for this, but since he played in this...What happened to this player is bad enough, without some a$hole posting a dumba$ comment on his wall.

default.aspx

And 30 minutes later, the a$$hole's wall post is deleted. If a mod deleted it, thank you!

But if the poster did it, then along with everything else, you're also a coward.

• liero78
    426 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 6:14 AM

Group 2

Game 3 Match 4

Liero78 vs Andrew304 :

Liero            62         tot 45 - 2  =  43

Andrew304  67         tot 40

Ty Drew for the game! the next.

Liero78

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 7:01 AM

mkrizan86:

Sirbugger:

Group 3 Georgian diamonds vs Uk team.

Sirbugger vs saveloy  , no game no result,

Not sure if i should get the points for sitting and waiting for saveloy , but his awesome excuse"i did message you but forgot to send it"  could deserve a point . 

Ive had no reply to messages last few days.

Ive now been unfriended so no chance of getting the game in on the last day . 

Not happy i get no change of winning points this round

Not sure how this is handled in the rules, but I'm putting in a motion, that in these cases, the active player gets awarded the win, as long as he can provide some screen shots, that prove his claims. 

To me, this is the same as every CC getting max points against the BoB CC, after they pulled out.

Up to Finny though ;-)

Edit: But if this can't be done, then the honourable thing to do, would be for the other team's captain to concede the match (again, after being presented with some proof), thus giving the other team the 3 points.

i see what you are saying and i have said next year i will look at forming a panel with players from a few clubs i have been involved in over the last few comps and we can decide on matters like this,

as to this year i have said the comp will move on and all games not played will be void,if a captain has issues with one of his players,that they are not bothered then they could forfeit the game,

i dont want  this dragging on too much,we will talk about it after the comp has finished

finny

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 7:42 AM

PAULFINN52:

i dont want  this dragging on too much,we will talk about it after the comp has finished

finny

Good. Now get back to the lineups, the world awaits.  :-D

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 7:57 AM

patience jimbo

6.30 ish uk time

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 8:26 AM

YankeeJim:

PAULFINN52:

finny

Good. Now get back to the lineups, the world awaits.  :-D

That's as maybe but what we have now is some teams getting points from un-played games, two (6 points) in the first round alone for one team, and others not.  Whether this is dependent on whether the captains like each other or how much a pain that captain will be if he doesn't get them, it is unfair. 

If sirbuggers description is correct he should get the points, we had someone trying to message a player who hasn't been on for nine days, so we get the same points as a loss.

Could we at least have some transparency, tell us where points have been awarded without a game being played?  It'd save me a lot of trawling. 

• polprowler
    150 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 8:46 AM

A nice game with a good player,

I won with a bit of luck.

Match report:

polprowler stroke 64  stableford 43

shok30       stroke 66  stableford 41.

good day to all

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 8:46 AM

PAULFINN52:

as to this year i have said the comp will move on and all games not played will be void,if a captain has issues with one of his players,that they are not bothered then they could forfeit the game,

sorry, but that's just a complete bs rule (and if I'm not mistaken it wasn't established beforehand as far as the forfeiting part goes). it's a terrible idea letting unplayed matches void when clear evidence is given that one side tried to get the match done while the other didn't.

if that's what how you want the rules to be, fine, but at least it should be consistent. granting some teams points just because their captains like each other or something and agree to forfeit makes matters worse.

RSS