Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Holiday Rehab

Wed, Dec 28 2016 8:35 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 9:47 AM

My wife and I spent the evening at our daughters house last night with 42 family members. WGT never crossed my mind once. Will spend the evening at our youngest sons house tonight with 28 family members. Feasting and having a couple of toasts with whatever and enjoying ourselves. Will spend the day at my house tomorrow with the same 28 and the evening at our oldest sons house. I will not make getting my CDP a priority again. The few minutes you may take to sign on you will never get back. 5 minutes with a senior family member you would love to have back, a family photo you were omitted from because you had to play your one hole. 

I remember these times and so does my entire family. Not any more. I want to wish the entire WGT community, staff, and especially my friends a very Merry Christmas, be safe, love, laugh and enjoy your family.

Rich

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 11:33 AM

We're sitting in a small family round after a nice and unconventional Heilig Abend Gulasch dinner. Family is spread around the world (around Cuba, in the country and in the county) but we're confident to rejoin soon.

I took one "tradition" from my belated mother: She asked me and my sons = her grandsons to supper on a day after Christmas - this year we'll raise a glass on her on 26th.

All the best to your family - hug all those that I know RELENTLESSLY!

Cheers mate - good to see you active here.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 6:58 PM

"My wife and I spent the evening at our daughters house last night with 42 family members. WGT never crossed my mind once..."

It took that many to get your mind off wgt?...lmao (joke)

Honestly Rich; I not only don't have 42 family members...I don't think I even know 42 people. Must be some big house they live in to host that many...wow

Merry Xmas 

ct

• snowy64
    67 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 7:04 AM

I spent Christmas day all alone except for my dog Ben. I did not see anyone to wish happy Christmas to. Why was this because I have no family left and I am 72 nobody wants to know old guys. Still I wish all on here a merry new year.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 7:19 AM

Happy New Year to you as well Snowy.

Ben needed nobody else so take solace in that.

Some folk will be jealous of you being able to do as you wish with nobody but your "best mate" to concern yourself with.

Bubbs

• craigswan
    31,550 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 7:20 AM

I spent xmas day with 10 family members and had a great time . Left at midnight and 2 hours later the fight started . Police were called and one only escaped being locked up because of good humoured policeman .

Flying out to miami on 29th to meet the new future in laws . Must be better this time .

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 8:35 AM

snowy64:

I spent Christmas day all alone except for my dog Ben. I did not see anyone to wish happy Christmas to. Why was this because I have no family left and I am 72 nobody wants to know old guys. Still I wish all on here a merry new year.

Hey snowy

I'm sorry that you had no family alive to share Christmas with.

I'm sure that, as Bubbs said, that Ben is devoted to you and that you two have a wonderful relationship.

We all get old and some of us have to watch family members move on. It's sad and can lead one to despair.

All of my family are dead but I'm fortunate that my wife, who is a lot younger than me, still has most of hers alive.

I had the absolute joy yesterday to go and see my youngest niece, who is 11, perform in a production of Peter Pan.

What was amazing, apart from her performance which was the best of course, is that loads of the kids that came to watch, dressed up as their favorite characters. My personal favorite was a 4 year old boy dressed as Captain Hook.

My point is, that despite the fact that you have lost your family, it's still possible to have fun. Join your local parish bridge club, or social club. Invite the neighbours around for a cup of tea and biscuits. Join a walking club.

Have fun.

And friend request sent - knock me up for a game some time so we can share a few laughs at these young whippersnappers on this site that are on the gimme wagon.

Cheers,

Peter

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:03 AM

Snowy if we lived closer you would have been welcomed to join my group of crazy folks to enjoy the Holiday. We never turn anyone away, but some of them run away. It is amazing that we never have any drama, arguments, no problems at all. There are 7 of us in our 60's and 70's and we established the rules years ago. When the family gets together we get together. No time for personal issues or controversy. It's game on, have fun and pass the love. I was totally worn out after those 3 days but would not trade them for anything. Now the kids have decided that New Years eve will be at Mom and Dads house for the second annual slumber party. Lord help me please, last year was a hoot and we were still going at it at 5 am. I wasn't right until about the middle of February. Got to love it.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:05 AM

renniw52:

Snowy if we lived closer you would have been welcomed to join my group of crazy folks to enjoy the Holiday. We never turn anyone away, but some of them run away. It is amazing that we never have any drama, arguments, no problems at all. There are 7 of us in our 60's and 70's and we established the rules years ago. When the family gets together we get together. No time for personal issues or controversy. It's game on, have fun and pass the love. I was totally worn out after those 3 days but would not trade them for anything. Now the kids have decided that New Years eve will be at Mom and Dads house for the second annual slumber party. Lord help me please, last year was a hoot and we were still going at it at 5 am. I wasn't right until about the middle of February. Got to love it.

Sounds like you have a wonderful family.

God bless you and all of them.

• Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:34 AM

Merry Christmas all, I spent the holiday with all my brothers, non-blood.  As a firefighter medic I started my shift at 6am Christmas eve day and ended my shift at 6 pm Monday night.  All in all it wasn't too bad, 3 structure fires, 2 families lost everything, 3 heart attacks, and one suicide. Have had many holidays worse. But to all firefighters and ems personnel out there that had to work, we are all appreciated.  Wgt kept my mind off alot of pain and suffering, and to all I played against during that time,,,,a big thank you. Hope everyone has a great year, and keep playing, hope to see you on the course.  HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

• PAGES
RSS