Help › Forums

Negativity

Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:52 PM (6 replies)
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 4:47 AM

Howzit all

I've been guilty of it and most of us have been, but here's a thought:

On the eve of a new year, why not adopt a fresh positive approach?

Next time you play with a random player, or someone you don't know who your partner has invited, not only post on their wall, but send a message to their CC owner, to say how much your enjoyed their company.

Happy New year everyone.

Cheers,

Peter

• BigDaddyDuffer0
    101 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 10:17 AM

Hi Peter,

Happy New Year to you and all fellow WGT players and their families.

I have only been a player for a month and don't get to play a whole lot, but I really enjoy my relaxing time. It's the only game on my phone and the only video game I play. I congratulate the designers and developers on a job well done.

For the most part, I only get very nice, encouraging and complimentary remarks in the Chat. I have only once been the recipient of unfriendly chat, when a player from a country which I will not name, starting getting on my about our selection of Donald Trump as President.

I don't know about you, but I come here to get away from politics, from work, from everything except this fine game.  I really don't want to hear negative talk of any kind, but I will always keep it friendly and encouraging.

BigDufferDaddy0

aka, Brian

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:04 PM

I apologise profusely Peter......I know I get very aggressive and abuse other players when WGT mess with my shot.

I am aware I suffer from keyboard anger and I cannot control what my fingers type.....and every single player I have played with or against has suffered the brunt of my frustrations - again I must point out - this is never MY fault and is always WGT's fault

After all, this game is larger than life, more important than anything.....

But I will heed your prudent advice Peter.....I forgot we can also abuse their walls too :))

Seriously folks, I do not abuse anyone, well unless it is a good friend.....then just in jest.

Nice sentiments Peter, I hope more players take notice and I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous 2017.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:14 PM

Sage advice Peter. Thanks for the reminder, good sir.

ct

• azza6311
    27 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:17 PM

lol

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:11 AM

Nice thread Peter, good on you.  It does appear the negative comments outweigh the positive ones around here but that's the way life is.  I used to work in tourism and am well familiar with the old maxim about a happy customer telling a handful of people they had a good time whereas an unhappy one will tell loads they had a bad time.

And BigDaddyDuffer, if you can play on a PC you'll find a lot more others to have a game with.  Sadly WGT don't currently support cross platform multi-player games.

RSS