Forums

Help › Forums

New Year's Ball(s)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 6 2017 6:01 AM (33 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:48 PM

After almost 10 years here I've collected 52 different free ones in my inventory. That doesn't include multiples where the same ball has been given more than once, for example the Halloween ball or Virtual Tour balls given in consecutive years. There are some I don't have from the early days so I'm pretty sure there are a few people out there who have those as well. There were some balls early on representing things like the various teams playing in World Series; I think those were free but I missed them.

Those are just the freebies and not ones I've acquired through the Pro Shop.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:37 PM

Is there any way you can post a pic ? I'd like to see that collection.

Doc :)

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 6:42 AM

Thank you Doc, and Srellim234. I guess that only 3 people out of millions of subscribers are the unique individuals that are interested in perserving some of WGT history. I think in about 10 years from now I'll have entered 120 virtual monthly,10 valentines,10 holloween, Christmases and so on. But I believe that some others out there have more than 52 not counting duplicates

Siders Best

Ralph

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 10:20 AM

drmoose:

Is there any way you can post a pic ? I'd like to see that collection.

I'd like to. I need to figure out an easy way to do it and then set aside the time to do it. I'm quite technically challenged when it comes to those things.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 1:24 PM

^^^ Lol, you an' me both m'friend. Wife thought she was doin' me a favor as my old comp. had a few issues. Bought me a new one fer Christmas, Windows 10. I'm one of those guys that uses an overlay ( old school ) to gauge power an' distances an' also a "miss ding putter". Well, I cant seem to get the display to the proper size fer my old overlays, so I made new ones that are not as big. Smaller is not better, lol, my timing is all off now, an' my best game since the switch has been -2 @ St. A's. Need me a computer guru to walk me through how to get my old aspect ratio back or pretty soon they'll be bootin' me back to Hack.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 3:17 PM

I got back to 67.1 for an average. Doesn't matter what I do. I started out 5 birds in a row and ended  up with a par game. First triple bogey I have had in 3 years. and then a double to follow. I'm not exactly a beginner on here and know a little about playing a shot. Just had to laugh. As far as comp balls, I have 68, 26 different ones, many dupes.I still have 17 Dove balls. As least I play clean good smelling golf.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 8:41 AM

drmoose:

Need me a computer guru to walk me through how to get my old aspect ratio back or pretty soon they'll be bootin' me back to Hack.

Happy New Year Doc! Simple instructions here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4910-screen-resolution-display-change-windows-10-a.html

You'll need to change the resolution on the new PC. Check the resolution on your old PC first! Did you get a new monitor with the new PC? Took me about 3 months to get into the swing (no pun intended) of things when I changed PC...

PS I see you've got a good conversation going with Frank the Pug (MIB). He's an expert on aliens. :)

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 2:04 PM

Thanks for attempting to help Bery, but, we are talking way beyond computer illiterate here. I tried the link, but , couldn't manage to navigate between windows, so couldn't follow instructions. Not to worry though, I've got a call in to my 8 year old grandson, an' I'm sure he'll have it set straight in no time.

P.S.

Ixnay on the Frankay, eyes only yanno.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 9:49 PM

drmoose:
    . I'm one of those guys that uses an overlay ( old school ) to gauge power an' distances an' also a "miss ding putter". Well, I cant seem to get the display to the proper size fer my old overlays, so I made new ones that are not as big.

PLAY NOW should create a new, separate browser window. If not, separate it from the others.

You can enlarge this window by click&holding the mouse at one corner, then move the window down to fit the meter to the screen fringe. Worked perfectly for me until I got the Putter Pal via my CC (the only real advantage of the "new" CC items).

Hope this works in Win10 - I'm on Win7 with Firefox.

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 6:37 AM

I know this is going to sound ridiculously easy and you most likely have tried it, However sometimes simplicity evades us all at times.

If you have windows 10, then you have EDGE as the main browser.

Open the game up, or any web site.

Up in the right hand top corner of your screen are 3 horizontal dots.

Have you pressed on those? It opens the menu for using the ZOOM feature.

I play this game on a 17" HP laptop at 125% zoom, it's great for the fonts size in the forums and does very well in the arena.

When you want to close the zoom window click your mouse any where on the web page.

I'm only 6, so just saying, you still may need the 8 year old

RSS