Forums

Help › Forums

master

Wed, Apr 27 2011 5:31 PM (20 replies)
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 10:12 AM

knock 1 more stroke off and i WILL be heard kicking and screaming to the boys tees.

lmao

-G

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 2:18 PM

cheers for tip rob,but to be honest i only play oakmont in alternate shot games but i hear what ure saying

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 2:21 PM

cheers sgt,thanks again for ure comments it gives me a little more understanding of how the tier level works ,only thing is i can't remember how many ranked games i've played as a tour pro but thanks again :0)

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 5:04 AM

i've just looked at my round history as a tour pro and have found hese results :-

total rounds played=91 with breakdown as follows:-

par=21     -1=27      -2=16       -3=6        -4=1        -5=1       bogey=13    d.bogey=4     t.bogey=2

but can someone tell me if ctth rounds have a negative impact on your chances of reaching the next tier as i just usualy hit the ball round on these just to get my daily bonus points quickly rather than play a ranked round cheers

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 5:27 AM

russellfahey:

i've just looked at my round history as a tour pro and have found hese results :-

total rounds played=91 with breakdown as follows:-

par=21     -1=27      -2=16       -3=6        -4=1        -5=1       bogey=13    d.bogey=4     t.bogey=2

but can someone tell me if ctth rounds have a negative impact on your chances of reaching the next tier as i just usualy hit the ball round on these just to get my daily bonus points quickly rather than play a ranked round cheers

No, CTTH has no bearing on tiers. The hits count for your xp bonus though of course.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 9:48 AM

Russ...67.6 won't do it... you need 67.0 to get to master...

Here is how you can figure out if you've played enough rounds to get there...If you shoot a round over your current avg (say 70/18 holes or 35/9) and your avg goes up, then u probly havn't played enough rounds...

--bear

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 9:51 AM

gsoup:

knock 1 more stroke off and i WILL be heard kicking and screaming to the boys tees.

and I'll say, "it's about time g"..!!!!

--bear

ps... now just get yancy on board with your new attitude

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2011 11:27 AM

HOORRRAAAAYY i've finally made it to master,after a -2 round to take me to 66.96 but to my woe i played around str8 after,finishing -1 only to find my score went back to 70 booo hoo lol

• cybermedic
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 10:31 AM

Same here, Russell.  Shot a round yesterday of -2par and dropped my average to 66.96.  Moved up to Master.

Shot a round at BethPage....and shot an even round and my average moved to 70.....shot a second even round and it's up to a 71.

don't care though.....enjoy my clubs not overdriving and winding up in the rough.

Plan on being here a while....might as well make myself comfortable.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 1:11 PM

Hiya Guys

Today I moved up to Legend tier after playing 1730 ranked rounds, 9 and 18 holes. All my games have been ranked, the good, the bad and the ugly from the start. Maybe I should have had a lot of practice rounds first and not ranked them and maybe I could have moved up faster. I also should have watched the tutorials on how to putt as I never knew until yesterday about moving the blue arrow on the greens to aid putting, I just putted without the aid and just learned to do it freehand so to speak.

To celebrate I played a 18 holes at St.Andrews and it was an eye opener lol.

1 quadruple bogey, 2 double bogeys,2 bogeys,and 2 birdies were in the round on tournament tees and greens. My level was set at 70 after I started on Legend and with +8 after I finished the debacle, it went up to 75. The course looks completely different from what I was used to, mainly from the fescue, lol, and the pins much further away but it is a new challenge and one I look forward to. Good luck to all you guys and I hope to see you on the tees soon.

Get a good driver and good wedges and learn to putt, as that is were the most gains in the game are made .Callaway tour balls are the best IMHO if you can afford them.

RSS