Wed, Apr 20 2011 10:20 AM (6 replies)
  • obielee
    355 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:07 AM

what is wgt caddy//

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:28 AM

An app with hash marks that overlays your screen. Were you searching for something in particular?

• obielee
    355 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:58 AM

no, i was playing in a groop and a player mention i should check it out. will ih help you on full swings and puttin and is it legal?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:11 AM

It will help you as much as a ruler or piece of tape on your monitor will. It doesn't do the math, it doesn't read greens and it doesn't have a clue about what a meter is. It's just a clever overlay that puts those ruler marks wherever you want them. 

You won't get branded a cheater by using it but WGT doesn't condone the use of third party apps. Mind you, they didn't say it was illegal, just that they don't condone it.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:16 AM
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:36 AM

partial quote from WGTAlex Dec. 2009........"3rd party add-ons are permissible only if they are created for personal, non-commercial use. They also cannot be hacks or programs created to alter gameplay in any way."

Clear to me, game play involving a WAGER is COMMERCIAL use.    

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 10:20 AM

oneputtdavid:

partial quote from WGTAlex Dec. 2009........"3rd party add-ons are permissible only if they are created for personal, non-commercial use. They also cannot be hacks or programs created to alter gameplay in any way."

Clear to me, game play involving a WAGER is COMMERCIAL use.    

Going to have to disagree slightly with you there, OPD...   The term "created for personal, non-commercial use" usually and simply means that you can't sell the add-on for commercial gain or profit.

This is where, IIRC, AdamTurner started to get into hot water so many years (months?) ago... he tried to make an addon to sell.  ( I could be wrong, though, getting older and killing off most of my brain cells recreationally has apparently clouded my memory.)

Your mileage my vary.  All investments carry the risk of loss.  My dog has fleas.

RSS