Forums

Help › Forums

Run!!!!

Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:02 AM (25 replies)
  • NRencich
    44 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 5:04 PM

So tired of this game's faults.   Apparently I'm not the only one that complains about this, but WGT denies any of this is their fault.   It's the same issue where you click, then you watch the meter bar continue to run, and watch your ball sail into the water.    Amazingly it only is mostly apparent on water holes.   And then next several holes, you can ding almost every shot.  Can't tell you how many times WGT has done this, but it's not their fault.    

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 6:56 PM

NRencich:
     Amazingly it only is mostly apparent on water holes.   And then next several holes, you can ding almost every shot.

Really....can you tell me your secret to dinging regularly......but then again, looking at your score history, it has not done much good.

Meter issues are your end mate, and perhaps it is you saying uh oh....I am not very good and there is water to the right.........only to go splash.

Personally I take water out of play and ignore it is there......works most of the time....but sometime I forget to click on time......splash. That is on me, not WGT.....just saying.

I am sure WGT must have had a sale on tin foil hats recently..........

• NRencich
    44 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 7:44 PM

Too bad we all can't be as good as you.   Then again, I don't want to "invest" much money on a game just to pass the time and get some relief.   

For the most part, I don't ding regularly, but usually am close enough to get me by to the level I play at.    However, after the shot today that the meter acted up, I was able to finish the round with the consistency I normal play to, but dinging more than I'm accustom to.   And others that I normally play with have voiced the same opinion.      

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 9:09 PM

A good way to fix the issue is to use a good wired mouse.  A good, smooth meter is achievable but it takes some work and patience.  Alot of good meter suggestions can be found in forums if you take the time to search.

• MAYDALY
    137 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 9:51 PM

STARTER BALL 

on all water courses

simple        u never feel like you lost any ball

good practice    get swinging

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 9:52 PM

No, you are perfectly correct OP, you are not the only one who makes this complaint but I would say that from my short experience here you all appear to have the same modus operandi. Piss poor players who can't play the game yet are quick to lay the blame for their ineptitude at the door of WGT rather than seek advice from the skilled and helpful players in these forums.

Now, if you would like to start again? I am sure there are many here who would willingly offer sound advice as to the best way forward for you.

• Dangeris
    27 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 3:41 AM

Hey mate,

thought simliar than you at my first days on WGT but later I installed a cleaner tool for my Macbook and since then I have much less problems with my meter and with dinging or nearby :-)

Maybe this thought helps a little bit.

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 3:55 AM

Just going to reiterate one of Ms Fish's tips. If the meter is jittery on water holes then you might have reflections turned on in the options. Setting it to off could improve things for you.

• NRencich
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 10:31 AM

Thank you for your advice.   I do have a wired mouse, because I know of the lag of wireless issues, and I probably will just go replace it, anyways.

• NRencich
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 10:33 AM

I've done this too, and still do it from time to time just for the challenge of it.   Actually this is pretty fun, like playing when I first started.   Thanks

RSS