Forums

Help › Forums

Run!!!!

Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:02 AM (25 replies)
  • NRencich
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 10:37 AM

I appreciate sound advice (just not comments from morons like above).   I've been playing this game for over a year, and have had some really good rounds in, and played some decent tournaments.     It's just frustrating at time that when you click and watch the meter continue to run more than what normal lag I expect is when it gets irritating.   However, this is just a game, and I have a lot more serious issues (like wife being in ICU-Critical) where just to have a relief like this is a good thing.   I've played with other players that complain about the same thing, but it is what it is.    Thanks .

• NRencich
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 10:46 AM

Ah, thanks.   I looked at the settings display options and becasue of the blank section below, didn't realize there were more options  I can remove.   Thanks so much, will try this.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 11:43 AM

NRencich:
    Too bad we all can't be as good as you.   Then again, I don't want to "invest" much money on a game just to pass the time and get some relief.   

For the record, I am just an average player. Contrary to your belief, I do not play much, and only when I have the time or inclination. I seldom get over 7 consecutive days....currently back to zero.

I have played over 3 times as many rounds as you, but then again I have been a member for 4 years longer than you as well.

I do not "invest" in this game - it is a pretty cheap form of entertainment that I enjoy when I cannot play real golf, mainly after work to relax and unwind. Sadly night golf is not prevalent here, and nor is the time I could dedicate to it.

Investment means a return - well I suppose the fun I have playing with friends is that return.

The forums are filled with a ton of great information of how to make your meter smoother, yet you simply choose the route of complaining, not researching and solving your issue.

Yes we need to jump through hoops to play this game, and that starts with maintenance of YOUR computer. I play on an average lap top and seldom have issues and it is not because I play a water hole or WGT has it in for me. people who believe that really must be pretty simple.

Provided you have a OK set up, dedicate a browser that works, us a systems cleaner, clear flash caches if it starts to get jumpy and if the set up is working well, make sure you do not update the flash...if it is working as you like - disable the update.

Use a CPU usage meter - some browsers have them built in (Maxthon does but not in full screen mode). This will ensure you do not have a spike in usage as you hit, or you can hold the meter until it drops.

Do not have other programs running if your resources are slim - and if you use Norton or McAfee - these running in the background can kill a meter in one foul swoop. Use a wired mouse and preferable a LAN rather than a Wi-Fi......but then again I use wireless mouse and Wi-Fi....but I have found the best browser and Flash version for my laptop.

Also just to reiterate what Scott said, turn off as many options, especially if your processor is older - the less things turned on will assist in achieving a smoother meter - trial and error.

Everyone's best combination will vary, but it worth experimenting........sounds like you just log on and hit....then complain when it goes wrong. Only you can change that.

Edit - I just looked at your clubs - they are low level and their precision is lacking. Basically this means your results will vary more than someone using higher level, precise clubs.

The other aspect is you are playing with clubs of different meter speeds - this is never easy to create a rhythm when you play.

Yes this does mean you would have to upgrade which of course means more $$$ or more time (which for ne equals $$$) to acre "free" (sic) credits.

Or accept the precision will never be there and you will  get more variance than someone using decent equipment.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 2:14 PM

You are right OP, what you described is exactly what WGT does, there is a law firm at this moment creating a class action lawsuit against top golf and its subsidiaries for the WGT game, not for the top golf restaurant/bar/golf gimmick, that lawsuit is further along and also is supported by the B.B.B. ..

as far as the comments from the wgt players in this forum that you call morons, they are all wannabe wgt employees(keep dreaming) and moron is way too nice..

• Fencer100
    2,064 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 2:52 AM

Mcduff61:

You are right OP, what you described is exactly what WGT does, there is a law firm at this moment creating a class action lawsuit against top golf and its subsidiaries for the WGT game, not for the top golf restaurant/bar/golf gimmick, that lawsuit is further along and also is supported by the B.B.B. ..

as far as the comments from the wgt players in this forum that you call morons, they are all wannabe wgt employees(keep dreaming) and moron is way too nice..

My, my this is just a game to play on a computer ! Who in their right mind takes it that seriously that they have to resort to class actions. 

Just unbelievable that someone should be crass enough to even consider a class action, but for sure the law firm is listening to the cash rolling in !

Come on, get real here. 

End of the day you can click out of WGT if you don't like it .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 3:14 AM

Mcduff61:

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 3:56 AM

McDuff: What law firm? Where?  Need to get my fact checking service going on this.Or is this just more of the same creative cloud of misinformation  that has hampered vision around the world.

• dryspot
    723 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 3:56 AM

Not everything is the player's fault there are issues on wgt's end also.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 6:35 AM

it took 12 hours, but I caught some flounder. more than once too..

Always catch and release I say.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 6:46 AM

your monitors refresh rate (you want 75hz or higher) and a higher polling rate wired mouse (500ms and above) is recommended

most people use a 60hz monitor and below a 250ms polling rate mouse (the time it takes for mouse click to register)

I have tried both and the difference is MASSIVE when you combine these two things

RSS