Forums

Help › Forums

Moving from Tour Master to Legend

Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:35 AM (55 replies)
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 2:04 PM

Found a player that moved to legend with a below 61 average after JUST 33 ranked rounds at tourmaster level.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 2:20 PM

crgade:

Found a player that moved to legend with a below 61 average after JUST 33 ranked rounds at tourmaster level.

Might as well forget about it cr as wgt isn't to worried about it.

J

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 1:39 AM

YankeeJim:

Something is wrong here. TMs turn Legend at 61.99. I will attest to this. I don't know how many ranked rounds you have as a TM but looking at your score history I'm guessing you have enough. Apparently there are other factors involved that nobody knows for sure.

It's a mystery to me when the game commences for the usual fee....sounds like words from a song...lol...sorry

I got promoted at 61.0 Jim or when I went under that figure and that was with what seemed to be a squillion games played in the TM Tier. As your saying there could be quite a few mystery things to tick to get promoted, don't know...but I'm certain if you do tick all the boxes...61.0 is the magic number

Cheers

Roger

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 3:07 AM

mantis0014:

YankeeJim:

Something is wrong here. TMs turn Legend at 61.99. I will attest to this. I don't know how many ranked rounds you have as a TM but looking at your score history I'm guessing you have enough. Apparently there are other factors involved that nobody knows for sure.

I got promoted at 61.0 Jim or when I went under that figure ...61.0 is the magic number

Cheers

Roger

Same here, was promoted when my average hitted 61.0. To be precise when my average was 61.10, I was TM and the next round my average went down to 60.98 and I got promoted to legend. The number of games required is 50 as TM (this is the number of games beyond which bad rounds doesn't count, this number of games is for sure larger than 154 for legend...). 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 5:23 AM

i was 61.08 as tm....and hit a -5 round st andrews which took me to 61 and Legend.

tbe

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 5:24 AM

I was promoted around 61.05 so that is about the norm.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 5:41 AM

This is interesting, trying to figure this out. I remember you turning Legend, Mantis, it was a short while before I did and the reason I remember was because I was right with you average-wise and didn't know exactly what the turning point was. I had to be careful not to make the leap as  I would have been disqualified from the TM Ryder Cup team so I played a lot of AS and stayed away from stroke play at SA and RGs.

After the final match I was at 62.08 and went straight to SA B9 and shot 28 to get over. The only obvious difference I see between Sarge, TBE and myself is the number of ranked rounds played. Perhaps that has something to do with the actual number you flip at.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 6:50 AM

Now the Legend tier bracket is filling up, will they make a new tier i wonder? Tour Legend for example.

Dazza

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 7:02 AM

DAZZA501:

Now the Legend tier bracket is filling up, will they make a new tier i wonder? Tour Legend for example.

Dazza

Good point Dazza !

Promote Jake, Bollox, AvatarLee, Priestess and many of the other top players to a higher Tier...then we can move their teeboxes back another 100 yards.   LOL, kidding.........sort of.

SM

ps...as long as we're at it...throw Tiffer67  in there too !  (he beats me like a drum).  Thank you in advance.

?ForSuperLegends 

• JESSEFREY
    9 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 7:06 AM

I just made master after 3 weeks on WGT. Anybody know what the requirement for advancement from master to tour master is? Congrats to all u legends... Seems like quite an accomplishment to me. Also, does anybody know how to find out how many people have active accounts on WGT (those who have played in the last 3 month or so)  and how it breaks down by tiers?  What percentage of total players is in each tier?

RSS