Forums

Help › Forums

Moving from Tour Master to Legend

Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:35 AM (55 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 11:13 AM

Having just made Legend, a couple days ago, 61.00 avg (or lower) is the requirement for advancement. I was at 61.04 and shot a 30 at BP in the weekly multi, which dropped my avg to exactly 61.00 and I got advanced.

FWIW, when your avg is at 61.30 or lower, you would need to post scores of 30 for 9 and 61 for 18 to lower your avg.

I believe the ranked round requirements have been met when your avg does not go UP, regardless of your score. Whatever the number of RR is for each tier, I would not want to speculate.

Hope this helps and good luck with your quest.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 11:28 AM

oneputtdavid:

Having just made Legend, a couple days ago, 61.00 avg (or lower) is the requirement for advancement. I was at 61.04 and shot a 30 at BP in the weekly multi, which dropped my avg to exactly 61.00 and I got advanced.

FWIW, when your avg is at 61.30 or lower, you would need to post scores of 30 for 9 and 61 for 18 to lower your avg.

I believe the ranked round requirements have been met when your avg does not go UP, regardless of your score. Whatever the number of RR is for each tier, I would not want to speculate.

Hope this helps and good luck with your quest.

David, congrats on the legend, welcome to the big boys league!!!! Been waiting for you!!

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 11:29 AM

sdorr:
    I have most of the right equipment with the exception of a decent 3 wood which I plan to correct once I reach level 88. I don't see anything that's available to me now that's going to get me much further until level 88.

Sdorr, level 82 for the killer hybrid, level 85 for the killer 3wood, level 88 for the killer driver.

TaylorMade R11 3 Wood (L85+)

85+
    Hack+
    695 C
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    The latest from TaylorMade, the new all-white R11 has an aerodynamic shape for faster clubhead speed and more distance. The slightly faster swing meter requires a little more skill to hit consistent shots, but it's worth it for skilled players.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 11:42 AM

Perched on 61.1 and feeling a bit queasy. Just a little shove.... And getting from level 86.5 up to level 88 where I can buy the R11 driver is a long haul.

Based on what I recall from algebra, it seems that the number of rounds calculated into the TM average is the best 50, 1 stroke better at the margin on a full round drops the average by 0.02 stroke.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 12:04 PM

Thanks to my Researcher Extraordinaire Mr. Andyson I must say I have misspoken. I blame it on creeping Al and his Zeimer band but 61 is indeed the magic number. Actually, you turn into a pumpkin at 60.99.  ;-)

Tx, Andy. 

@Zag-You're putting too much emphasis on that driver. You will burn through the learning curve faster than you think and in the meantime be playing Big Boy golf, learning stuff and when you do get to 88 you'll be ready for that driver and have a better sense of how to use it. Don't deprive yourself, go shoot the 29 and join the pumpkins.  :-D

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 12:24 PM

YankeeJim:
    go shoot the 29

easier said

YankeeJim:
    join the pumpkins

more like Humpty-Dumpties?

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 12:57 PM

Come on Zag were all waiting for you to make Legend so we can kick your butt.   LOL  !!

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 1:01 PM

Grats David on making Legend... Now you learn how to hit long approach shots... I'm still learning... a slow process.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 1:41 PM

Yappy22:

Grats David on making Legend... Now you learn how to hit long approach shots...

Yep,Yap' good advice. TY for the Grats.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 3:38 PM

StrangeMagic:

Bollox, you are up, sir.....

Brutal hole, meter froze, ricochet off a tree 100 yards backwards, 9 futile shots later... "MAXIMUM SHOTS REACHED"  will not be playing there again!

RSS