Forums

Help › Forums

Moving from Tour Master to Legend

Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:35 AM (55 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 3:47 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    Brutal hole, meter froze, ricochet off a tree 100 yards backwards, 9 futile shots later... "MAXIMUM SHOTS REACHED"  will not be playing there again!

Pick up, Rory, your group is waiting at the 11th tee.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 4:18 PM

LMAO !!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 6:14 PM

sdorr:

. I have most of the right equipment with the exception of a decent 3 wood which I plan to correct once I reach level 88. I don't see anything that's available to me now that's going to get me much further until level 88.

Anyway, I know my fear is unfounded to a degree, but it is the unknown and the horror stories one hears about the woes of playing at the Legend tier. This I do know, it will take some getting used to and will require allot of practice. I will just have to get use to not getting eagles and birdies for awhile. Problem is I like my eagles and birdies. Oh well, such is life and I will quit crying.

Thanks and have a nice day.

I think the Legend Tees are great(foolish thinking, but...lol)...ya hitting full shots most of the time off the tee. The only thing is you will hitting longer clubs to the greens. The Heavy winds are a pain too..4th and 17th at ST.A comes to mind, hitting into wind there you need to be very accurate. Not forgetting the slightly faster Tournament speed on the greens, which you will get used to quickly. Apart from little things like that...the Leg. tees are not that bad.

The L80 R9 is a Very Good Driver, L88 R11 Driver is great, but it seems like a lifetime btween L80 and L88. Not much difference between those 2 clubs. L85 R11 3 wood is very good too...not sure about other 3woods at your level

Good Luck

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 6:25 PM

oneputtdavid:

Having just made Legend, a couple days ago, 61.00 avg (or lower) is the requirement for advancement. I was at 61.04 and shot a 30 at BP in the weekly multi, which dropped my avg to exactly 61.00 and I got advanced.

FWIW, when your avg is at 61.30 or lower, you would need to post scores of 30 for 9 and 61 for 18 to lower your avg.

I believe the ranked round requirements have been met when your avg does not go UP, regardless of your score. Whatever the number of RR is for each tier, I would not want to speculate.

Hope this helps and good luck with your quest.

Congratulations on your Promotion David and Good Luck on the new Tees.

Here's something I remember that kind of confused me.... I think I was around the 62 Ave, playing 18hole game at St.A ..-6  on the front9, -8 on the 12th tee and ended with +8 on the back (I was fuming too after that...lol) for a 74 (or something stupid like that) and my Ave went down. Not sure if the front9 had something to with that or not.

Cheers 

Roger

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2011 6:58 PM

Hi 

I made Legend when my score average was 61.00

Hope this helps.

Bjorn.

• golferfrank63
    187 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:25 AM

i shot   3 n 4 under par  regular basics and my average  at 62.84 has not went down

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:48 AM

golferfrank63:

i shot   3 n 4 under par  regular basics and my average  at 62.84 has not went down

It depends on the raw score (for 18 holes or 2 x the score for 9 holes). Thus, for example, -4 on St. Andrews (par 72) will not be the same as -4 on Bethpage (par 70).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:31 AM

Besides that, you need to shoot your average or better for your average to drop. That means 31s and lower.

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:49 PM

I'm wondering what it will take to become tour master. I have a 63.63 avg and 120 some ranked rounds. I am hoping to hear back so that I can avoid moving up. I want to be able to make credits from ready gos!!!! I will suck as tour master, even though when I moved back from tour pro to master, my avg went down from 67 to 65, and you don't move back tees from master to tour master. What I am worried about is that I will have harder competition-lol. I have been hearing stuff about some 63 avg to move up, and I am getting scared

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 3:17 PM

Willsstrs:

I have been hearing stuff about some 63 avg to move up, and I am getting scared

If I remember correctly, I switched to TM when my avg hit 63.   Not much of a difference except for green speed switches to tourney at TM. 

Nothing to be scared of. ;-)

Start playing more rounds with TM's to get used to the tourney greens.  That's what I am trying to do with the up coming Legend promotion I working for. 

RSS