Forums

Help › Forums

Golfers supporting Autism

Tue, Apr 4 2017 6:18 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • reid72
    48 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 3:27 AM

April is Autism Awareness month and autism is a special cause for us at Yardstick golf. Every year we donate half our sales to support autism efforts in the community.

Please share our page and this campaign to help us make this our biggest April yet as we want to make a big donation.

http://www.yardstickgolf.com/indoor-golf-study.html

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 4:37 AM

Good cause or not.  Surprised, sort of like spam, I would think.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 8:50 AM

Sorry Reid, but I'm with Gary on this one. Your post and your linked website wreak of amateur hour.

Why would anyone "support" autism? That's like saying you "support" lung cancer or breast cancer. I realize you probably meant to say you support autism "awareness", but if you want to be taken seriously...pay attention to the details.

Also, your website refers to "We" and "Our" and at the same time you say "My"... so which is it? Are you a company with employees or are you just some guy doing this out of your living room?

My apologies in advance, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....but as someone that has a nephew with autism , this struck a chord with me.

MC

• reid72
    48 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:09 AM

Sorry it struck you that way and thanks for the feedback on the details.  There are two of us and this is sort of a side project.  We raised $550 for the ASACV last year and was hoping to do better this year.  

I have a child on the spectrum and we have been giving half the website sales away every April.

This is in no way a big business, just something we do as a side project and this is the month we use it to give back.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 10:21 AM

Reid,

Thank you for your quick and honest reply.

I sincerely apologize for being so harsh in my earlier post. It appears you and your business partner are doing good things for the ASACV.

In an effort to redeem myself and prove the veracity of my apology, I have made a donation, albeit small, to the Autism Society of America-Central Virginia.

I wanted to donate it in your name, but that wasn't an option.

Best of luck in your business venture.

Thank you for all you do and I hope we can get a game in sometime. I'm sending you a friend invite.

Sincerely,

MC/Wayne

• reid72
    48 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 12:48 PM

MC/Wayne - that is awesome and I am really touched and have matched your donation.  

I'll go check for the invite now.  Hopefully I'll see you online soon.

Reid

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 3:03 PM

Benevolence is freely flowing again, Random acts of kindness shall prevail

At a very young age I had the absolute wondrous opportunity to work with these individuals. I have been all over this planet since, doing a multitude of things. Not a single one, will ever hold a candle, to the time spent, with these special people, ever.

mrcaddie:
    I woke up on the wrong side of the bed

You have a bed?

Deadpool

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:20 PM

reid72:
    that is awesome and I am really touched and have matched your donation.  

Well played Reid...well played.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:33 PM

gonfission:

mrcaddie:
    I woke up on the wrong side of the bed

You have a bed?

Yes, contrary to popular belief, I sleep in a bed...not a coffin. lmao

MC

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Apr 3 2017 12:48 PM

I don't think I'd brag about supporting autism.

• PAGES
RSS