Forums

Help › Forums

A Bad Front Nine At Kiawah

Mon, Apr 17 2017 2:28 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 7:07 AM

Hole 1. As you know the wind here can play havoc on your drive. Had a cross wind of 17 MPH. I carefully setup my drive and the let it go. Nuts!!! I must have moved the mouse wheel and it went to my 60 wedge. Made it to the sand right in front of me. After a three shot to the green I 2 putted for a bogey on a easy par 4.

Hole 2. I drive it to the right past the fairway to 30/40 rough. No worries, I can setup for an easy approach shot to the green. I just cant go into the brush on the right and lose my ball. I play it safe and hit to the second patch of fairway......and the ball rolls into the gully. Finally make it to the green and get another bogey.

Hole 3. Why not restart the round my thoughts say. Because I will lose the CC pass. Never use a pass on your first game after eating burnt toast and drinking weak coffee. So I regroup telling myself...Be the ball... Be the ball. It must of worked, I got a birdy on the hole.

Hole 4. Me and this hole don't have good karma at all. Perfect drive. And I hit a beauty of an approach shot to the green, only nine feet from the cup. I am the ball. I line my putt up, reverse view forward view, count the speed of the dots. Super, I am thinking another birdy. Totally focused on the putt, and whamo the dog barks wanting to go out. Well I push the putt and it goes past the cup 5 feet.

Hole 5. When I started the round, it was so peaceful. The sun was just coming up, the birds were singing, I had the day off work. It was going to be a great day of golf here at WGT. But not for me. Oh I pared this hole.

Hole 6. Be the ball, be the ball. My drive here was lovely, 306. My approach shot hits the green and just rolls on the fringe about 10 feet from the hole. I line my putt up, and keep the dog outside. I hit it with a perfect ding. Oh my, it rolls 30 feet past the hole. You guessed it, I did not check what meter it gave me. That does it I fire my caddy.

Hole 7. I may get a bird on this par 5 I think to myself as I watch Micheal Stahan do a piece on GMA. The hole goes as smooth as a hot knife through butter. A bird.

Hole 8. The dog wants back in. Being a softy I let him in. This is a par 3. So I want to just get a par and finish this round. Wow, everything went perfect and I got a birdy. Maybe my luck is changing.

Last Hole, YAHOO. I line my drive up and boom 310. Then I go to setup my approach shot and all heck breaks lose. The cat is hissing as the dog chases it around the house. No, the cat knocks down my router and I get disconnected. Game is gone along with my pass and any self respect I have. Because I am cussing a blue streak throwing shoes across the room at the dog and cat.  The wife looks around the corner and says "Are you having a stroke?"  Hopefully my next round will be much better.

Garypinhunter

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 7:26 AM

garypinhunter:
    Game is gone along with my pass

That pass paid off the first shot you took regardless of what happened after that.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 9:45 AM

I have a dead bolt lock on the room with the PC.  Saves a lot grief.   my nickle

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 9:57 AM

Sorry guys, but your responses are cracking me up.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 11:04 AM

garypinhunter:

Mine wasn't meant to be funny, it's a fact. You got credit for the pass as soon as you took the first swing.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 12:30 PM

garypinhunter:

What do you wanna hear?

"Congrats mate to your lively pets!" ???

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 12:35 PM

alosso:

garypinhunter:

What do you wanna hear?

"Congrats mate to your lively pets!" ???

LOL...Nothing really.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 12:50 PM

garypinhunter:

alosso:

What do you wanna hear?

LOL...Nothing really.

You expected no comments, after that beautiful story? :-)

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:17 PM

ty Gary, it's nice to know that even the Big Dogs of WGT have a bad round or 2, but as I heard it once said " a bad day playing golf is better than a good day at work" Keep on having fun. 

Siders Best

• ScottHope
    10,351 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 3:13 PM

I enjoyed your post Gary, as I'm sure many others did too, it made me chuckle.

Keep up the good work bud.  ; )

• PAGES
RSS