Forums

Help › Forums

Brand new

Wed, May 11 2011 3:59 PM (8 replies)
  • DanTheHackMan
    9 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 4:42 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Dan and I live in Florida. Just wanted to find out where to get started really. I'm guessing I'll take a look over at the video tutorials. What then? Any suggestions?

I'm one of those whose loss of Poker on Black Friday, has been forced to find something else to keep me entertained. I do like Tiger Woods golf and have played that on and off for about 6 years now. 

Any tips appreciated and Happy early Mothers Day to Moms. ;)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 8:06 PM

Hi Dan, welcome

I recommend to you start a game and hit the shots to learn how to swing, how to putt and such. Then,you can head over to game tips forum and read a putting guide and pitch/chip/& flop guide

-wgticon

• DanTheHackMan
    9 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2011 11:08 AM

Ty very much butters. ;)

Excellent info there. 

Much appreciated! 

• DanTheHackMan
    9 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 7:17 PM

OK, moved up to amateur and wondering what would be best to buy w/ the 50 credits. Is there even much that is that cheap? I thought a friend told me there was a good putter for 49, but I don't see it. 

Also, the ez swing clubs..I guess you can only rent them for one day. Should I maybe wait a little and use the rental when I practice a few courses and want to play some wtg tourneys? 

Thanks for any help.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 9:29 PM

Try some surveys and you can really build up your credits, I got all my clubs that way.

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 1:05 AM

Buddy.....Just buy a pkg. of ten cred. distance balls.... see what you think.

Hac.

• Dukiedong
    73 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 3:52 AM

Hi Dan...if you want to improve your scoring I would recommend the following. When you get some credits purchase a better driver first, then get the best wedges you can afford, also better balls is a must. I found this to be the most effective way to shoot better scores on a regular basis starting out. The most important thing is to practice...learn the courses. There are good spots to be in as well as bad spots on every hole and once you learn where they are you will really start to enjoy the game. Last but not least the dreaded "swing meter" will bite you every now and then...my meter is usually very good but as you start to play with other players you will find many of them whining about their meter EVERY time they hit a bad shot . This is a video game, a very realistic one but it is not real golf...learn what shots the game will allow you to hit and use them to your advantage. Good luck have fun and if you want to play a practice round  sometime give me a shout.

• cole1234
    50 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 10:34 AM

Also, with having all of the equipment listed, I would recommend playing lots of ranked rounds if you want to get to the next tier faster. I know a lot of players that play ranked rounds and when they get a bad score in one of them they cancel it a start over. I would recommend to finish all ranked rounds you play because even if it's not a good day, you will learn something about the course that you didn't know before. This will help you improve as a player. With that said, don't try to hard to get to the next tier. Enjoy your experience at the tier your at cause once you get to tour pro and so on the competition gets really tight. So best of luck and enjoy your time on wgt!

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 3:59 PM

DanTheHackMan:

I'm one of those whose loss of Poker on Black Friday, has been forced to find something else to keep me entertained.

Oh man...Did ya hafta remind me of that.? I was just starting to rebound after that dark, dark day...

*calls therapist*

RSS