Forums

Help › Forums

swing meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 26 2017 7:00 PM (4 replies)
  • Playgolfnow7
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 7:45 AM

The swing meter is very erratic and jumpy lately. This causes continuous "over swing"/ under swing ?and bad scores.

This is not due to bad internet connection as the signal is very strong.

Can something be done to correct this?

I stopped playing for 3 days but when I played again this afternoon, the problem persisted.

Definitely not a joy to play any more.

Is any other members experiencing this problem? 

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 12:47 PM

Yep: Those not caring for their individual settings. (no pun and no offence intended).

Local loads (CPU, RAM, LAN) are the main adversenesses for a smooth meter, together with "wrong" browser/Flash combos.

Work on it, chance things - you may succeed!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 3:43 PM

+1 Alosso is right . I just finished playing a round and nothing is wrong with my meter . Game played good as always . Clean your system and even try a different browser . Many of us use a version of Maxthon browser with little or no problems . It could be caused by an update on your end or even an update done by your browser . It happens all of the time but all can be fixed . But here`s the most important lesson or rule of thumb . If it were on WGT`s end then it would have an effect on everyone .

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 5:25 PM

Readers are leaders but some people have 0% knowledge/skill to fine tune their machine

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 7:00 PM

For each hour of play we need to spend 10 hours to educate ourselves and carry out dog work to see if we can get a good meter. Others have a good meter and never clear cache or change set up for years. And have god awful machines. 

The only truth is that wgt have failed to create a product that runs smoothly for most peopple. And it's our fault lol. 

My meters bad and and I jump through hoops all the time to make sure it doesn't get worse. You accept it. 

RSS