Help › Forums

Just curious

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 16 2017 6:04 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 10:28 AM

What I'm about to ask, isn't a complaint, but more of a nuisance to playing. Why is it that if I'm 94 yards from the flag, I get the pw,at 115yds vs my wedge at100? , or if I'm going to putt a 10 footer, I get the 25 foot scale, instead of the 15?  I know all about double checking my clubs and scales, but should I really have to?  The game is capable of reminding me constantly that I need to get more golf balls, even if I have 5 left,   or that i need to play another tourney,  so my only conclusion is that when I was assigned a caddy, I got the one everybody else  picked over, and absolutely no one wanted. So my question is this, does anybody want to trade caddies, mine works cheap.

• Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 10:37 AM

:D

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 11:11 AM

Now that's funny Lucky!! But I hate to say this, we ALL get the same worthless Caddie. He'll cost you strokes if you're not paying attention and some mornings I'm too broke to pay attention!! LMAO!!

Lute

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 11:22 AM

As those of us who have been playing for awhile know , dont ever trust the Caddy . Also you didnt get the only one thats an idiot we all have one . Someone at WGT in a moment of sympathy went to some drug rehab joint and hired every burned out fiend they could find . They gave them the job of caddying for us and thats the way it is .

Before every round I give my caddy ;

1) 8 ball cookie of crack thier drug of preference 

2) 3 lighters

3) 4 glass pipes w/ pusher and a chore boy

4) 2 packs of cigaretts +25.00

Then I go play my round and leave my caddy very happily occupied and out of my way . I have learned that a happy out of the way caddy will mean that I will have a very happy and good round . So turn off the Caddy in your game settings and be happy .

What I dont get is how the caddy is turned off and yet interferes in our shots when on or around the greens . For years we had to beg to have the option but only got a half assed version of it . I think that we should be able to play the game entirely free of any game assistance at all when playing .

So even though we can turn it off to a point , it pays to always check your clubs . Never trust the Caddy and always double and even triple your clubs when on or around the greens .

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 12:21 PM

lonniescott711:

As those of us who have been playing for awhile know , dont ever trust the Caddy . Also you didnt get the only one thats an idiot we all have one . Someone at WGT in a moment of sympathy went to some drug rehab joint and hired every burned out fiend they could find . They gave them the job of caddying for us and thats the way it is .

Before every round I give my caddy ;

1) 8 ball cookie of crack thier drug of preference 

2) 3 lighters

3) 4 glass pipes w/ pusher and a chore boy

4) 2 packs of cigaretts +25.00

Then I go play my round and leave my caddy very happily occupied and out of my way . I have learned that a happy out of the way caddy will mean that I will have a very happy and good round . So turn off the Caddy in your game settings and be happy .

What I dont get is how the caddy is turned off and yet interferes in our shots when on or around the greens . For years we had to beg to have the option but only got a half assed version of it . I think that we should be able to play the game entirely free of any game assistance at all when playing .

So even though we can turn it off to a point , it pays to always check your clubs . Never trust the Caddy and always double and even triple your clubs when on or around the greens .

I think you are over generous.Best just to give him a kick in the balls,

\@@/

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 1:25 PM

Speaking of a worthless Caddy, I have one of the worst. If I manage to land on the fringe he gives me a 90' putter. Not to mention even after the proper club selection he never says a word when the mouse pointer inadvertently skims through the "bag" and re-selects the wrong club. I can't tell you how many times I used the wrong club that way.

Just today I had a189 yard shot to the green from the fairway, with a slight elevation and a 5-7 mph crosswind. A 190 yard shot if ever there was one. Guess what? It traveled 144 yards? It's things like this that make me smile with the fact that I'm not alone.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 1:38 PM

Heh, my caddie's name is Molson and he has this quirky little buddy he calls Weed. They do just fine.  :-)

• Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 2:29 PM

I used to get really upset with mine when he goofed, his name was Jim B, I fired him and hired a man named Jack  he's no better, but at least after 9 holes, I don't seem to care as much   lol

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:02 PM

Image result for golf caddie gif

• Parstone
    408 Posts
    Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:26 PM

Or hungover :-)

• PAGES
RSS