Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Premier Membership

Tue, Mar 28 2023 12:39 PM (202 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:59 PM

Reality is that there is no free lunch. If TopGolf/WGT does not show a profit, this all goes away. They need an income stream that is steady and potentially able to be grown. Setting up a subscription game site both for pc and mobile makes economic sense. Yes, some people would refuse to pay.  But would you?

So to keep some advertisers, the first tier would be free with 2 courses to choose from. A better tier would be $5 per month with 2 additional course plus the ctth courses. For $10 per month they could have what we get for free now. And for $15 per month a premium membership could have everything they offer with 2 sleeve of premium balls thrown in each month.

I'm not saying this will happen, but they have introduced the IDEA of some kind of paid membership. Now we're thinking "How much would I be willing to spend for a monthly membership?" They will quickly see that monthly at a recurring $15 sits so much better than $180 for a year.

• Fencer100
    2,064 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:03 PM

lonniescott711:
    I cant see any player even if they have the credits to burn , buying this item .

I notice that a member of the CC I am in has the Premier Membership ! Money to burn comes to mind !!

As to paying a monthly subscription to play this game, well I think that would be the end for me. I just can't see how I can justify paying a monthly fee to play an internet game. Ludicrous !

If that happens then I think Jim is absolutely right about CC's disappearing and lost friendships. Again the sacred dollar is king

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:16 PM

How about you all just decide not to buy the premier membership?.. Then maybe that kind of reaching into your privates sort of money grab will go away for awhile?

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:21 PM

If this lampoon of a business decision, turns into a monthly stipend, then they no longer advertise as a FREE App, game, gimp suit, what ever this is, they are advertising now as, will have to change.

No more "Free to Play". That will go over like the Titanic

The app will not be picked up on mobile, if it is pay to play.

However, to keep P. T. Barnum's best, (suckers) on PC, well, that will be a different knife in the back all together. We all agree, they have had great success being total idiots.   

Just like Jerry Lewis. Look where it got him... Jerry had and entire country as followers. It was not the U.S.A.

Look where they are now. :-))

The forums will be devoid, of the talented observation artists, that make them readable, helpful, and out right kooky, at times

The latter for which I am here

I have said it from the date of purchase on TG's part. They need a write off, for all their amusement parks, during golfing season profit losses. I've never been, however, seeing the idiocy of them, they can't have a lot of returning customers.

C'est la vie

☢-----------<*{{{{{-(

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:31 PM

Its an option , If you don't want it , Don't buy it . Calling people stupid for buying it is a little harsh ..

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:37 PM

phred952:

YankeeJim:

HackWilson1930:
    You might want to consider now how much you would pay to play here

In its present state, WGT is not worth a monthly subscription. Implementing one would decimate the CCs as well as friendships established through the game's social aspect. You'd wind up with a tiny fraction of the membership and basically destroy the whole thing.

IDK, maybe that's the way TG plans on writing this off.

A huge +1 to both Hack and Jim.  I fear that may be the future, and Jim's comments are right on the money as to what will happen to the CCs.  Enjoy it while it lasts in it's current form.

This game has always been free to play and it still should stay free to play.  I sould say it can be free to play if you don't purchase anything in the shop.  Wgt shouldn't want to discourage people from joining or continuing to play the game.

$15 month will be too much to pay and will scare off most people.

Wgt can still have the Free game as it is now with access to all the courses and can also  have a memebership too with have extra things thrown in like Premium comps and free sleeves of premium balls etc.

I will pay $20 membership for the year, maybe $50 for the year if the lerks and perks are good eneough.

• Borat74
    2,797 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:47 PM

Your right,it will scare a lot of people off  as they don't have the funds to play,but that's the way the game is going,I always remember a fellow after response as to announcements and it was prepare to be underwhelmed,still feel the same now.

• TopShelf2010
    10,897 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 4:02 PM

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 4:16 PM

goldeena:

I was replying to 'the supernova' and get an answer from 'romax' so I don't know....?

I own a Country Club...

And although I rarely frequent  the WGT forums ,I do very often post in the country club forums.Hence the high number you mentioned.

Questioning someones veracity should be carefully considered as most hold their integrity close to their hearts.

Bye  Bye

Image result for tiny animated smileys

RSS