Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Premier Membership

Tue, Mar 28 2023 12:39 PM (202 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 4:46 PM

pmm711:
    So people will head here in droves if WGT/TopGolf institutes a monthly subscription plan,,,just $29.99 (or less when on sale) paid once. 

You might want to remove the ad for that other game, or face...(deep breath)... official WGT censure! 

I seem to remember warnings being issued a few years ago when discussion of a 'parallel' game was at its peak.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 4:48 PM

gonfission:
    If this lampoon of a business decision, turns into a monthly stipend, then they no longer advertise as a FREE App, game, gimp suit, what ever this is, they are advertising now as, will have to change

I was trying to think of a succinct way to point out how the TOC's would have to change and how actual paying customer's rights would be affected. There's a whole can of worms that gets tipped over when you start charging for something.

• Dneirf
    438 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 6:27 PM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:32 AM

WGT can do whatever they want whenever they want as regards the Ts n Cs...OK will need to rewrite a few maybe, but they can do that.

The place just needs funding.  They have not been beating new ball sponsors away with a stick, and so how else............

As it stands all they have done is raise a few quid with a latest gimmick.  I would not overthink it at all.  

Of course they would love to charge everyone $30 a month extra.  I predict the take up for the gimmick will be not much, in the greater scheme, and we will have another latest greatest cheesy fast $ new idea soon...........

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 3:56 AM

Funding is o.k. with me, as long as there is a value for those who pay for it.

To me, there's a lack of value in the whole CC pass thing, and "Premier" fits into this seamlessly.

Now we shall pay for XPs which have no commercial value at all, and for the "daily scratch" for a few coins of questionable value - only on mobile where it has been available free for all anyway. Why not put Starter equipment on this list?

Only the prolonged rentals may have a value, but how much does anybody use it?

Add "free green fees" without any explanation - Cabo + Whistler, what else?

Dividing the expenses evenly, that's 6,000 cr for 6,000 cr worth of rentals which we'd have to pay in addition, equalling 40,000 cr worth of equipment. Rent the Fusion driver or similar equipment ten times if you are L100 or above, or the M2 driver 25 times if you are only L70. Who would need so many rentals per year? Plus, you add 400 $ spendings if you buy all these clubs.

6,000 cr each for Cabo and Whistler, that's 200 combined rounds, four per week. Nice idea, but it leads to nothing because there are no tourneys or RGs, thus no credits to grab.

IMHO, not a clever thought to buy this badge. If so. has credits to burn, it may be a different story, but they can have all the "credits" stuff anyway. For these, the XPs might be the only incentive(????)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 4:34 AM

A very slippery slope if you ask me. 

Consider this: WGT (TG) manage to get new players signing up for this new subscription. All good and well, its a nice source of income for them. And some folks love the game so much, that they would probably have to go down this route to continue playing. 

What happens when TG have the system in play, have the numbers up, and then decide that the fee needs to go up? With TG,s greed since they have taken over, does anyone see this not happening?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 7:36 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

A very slippery slope if you ask me. 

Consider this: WGT (TG) manage to get new players signing up for this new subscription. All good and well, its a nice source of income for them. And some folks love the game so much, that they would probably have to go down this route to continue playing. 

What happens when TG have the system in play, have the numbers up, and then decide that the fee needs to go up? With TG,s greed since they have taken over, does anyone see this not happening?

If they get enough noobs to do it it might keep it free for the rest of us.  As free as most free lunch ever gets anyway:)..............If they don't ask they don't get and I should imagine TG can bang the growth desk pretty hard ...........

Some seem to be assuming that this must / will = pay to play for all.  Of course what the market will bear comes into play, but it might be it keeps it "free" for most.  

Having said all that WGT (TG) communication sucks.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 10:08 AM

bikinigirl24:

Why do you care what someone else does in another country club it's not your country club it's not your money are you jealous if I had the credits I would seriously consider getting a premier membership don't hate people because they may like the game more than you or take it more seriously and as a country club owner I wish I had more people in my country club dedicated to the game as the Georgian does 

OK, I'm not denigrating The Georgian CC, whom I mentioned in the opening post.  In my opionion, and  a few others, the CC clashes are a cash grab by TG/WGT that wouldn't have been repeatedly trawled out every 2 weeks if players were not buying the passes for which said CC is most guilty. The clash idea would have been great if it was not  for the selling of CC passes (ball usage alone could have fuelled the WGT coffers).

Secondly, I'm sorry, jealousy doesn't come into it. Do you not think I'd be rushing to join said CC if I was jealous ? I'm quite happy where I am not taking this game too seriously.

Thirdly, I was a CC owner, of a widely known CC within the community, and by choice gave it up because other things are more important.

Back to the matter of the WGT Premier Membership,  when the green fees were introduced for Cabo and Whistler,  I was one of those voices that suggested a one off fee, enabling the customer base access to the TruGolf courses.   As is WGT's way, they chose not to listen to that suggestion. If TG/WGT were not so "instant profit" orientated, over time I'm sure this would have made them a healthy return.

I for one shall be looking elsewhere for value for money if this yearly subscription becomes the norm.  18,000cr  plus having to pay for over priced virtual balls is a price I'm not willing to pay.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 11:02 AM

If a new player read the forums and studied how to advance in the game and realized leveling up makes better equipment available, I'd certainly hope they would research VERY thoroughly. The Premier road is much more expensive than just going to the pro shop and buying 68 Level-up Boosts. (Beginning availability at L6) Thus advancing to L74 for only 6800 credits. 

As far as the possibility of having to pay to play, as long as it's paid by credits, and I can sustain whatever amount it is with free credits, I'm in. I'll not spend actual money for this game. 

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 2:48 PM

I agree.. what a f-ing joke!

How about spend more time FIXING the idiosyncrasies with this game instead of dreaming of hair-brained ideas on how to rip people off legally.

RSS