Forums

Help › Forums

Reverse putting v Front view putting

Tue, May 31 2011 10:51 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 6:34 AM

Reverse putting v Front view putting,what are u guys doing,i myself am a reverse view putter 99% of the time,as i would say are most players here,or would it be 50/50

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 6:43 AM

duda we already know that your view is " reverse " from others....lol  (sorry m8 couldn't resist )

Hows them pink balls working out for you?

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 6:45 AM

I would say that I reverse view putt about 75 - 85% of the time depending on the putt. The reverse view tends to be a more accurate putt. Those who do not do this might give it a try, it might improve your shooting by a few strokes.

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 9:23 AM

I agree that reverse view is generally going to give you a more accurate line but on longer side hill putts I like to double check my intended line on the front view.

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 12:50 PM

griffygriff:

duda we already know that your view is " reverse " from others....lol  (sorry m8 couldn't resist )

Ya the pink balls worked out very well for me helped me move up to legend,are you still HACKing away below me,(oops sorry m8 couldn`t resist  ;)

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 12:50 AM

duda51:

griffygriff:

Ya the pink balls worked out very well for me helped me move up to legend,are you still HACKing away below me,(oops sorry m8 couldn`t resist  ;)

Yeah sorry i missed the parade your village put on for you after achieving your new Legend status....your mum and dad must be very proud...congrats !  

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 1:30 AM

griffygriff:
    .congrats ! 
    Thanks griffy it means alot to me,and as u are so nice to me i am willing to give u some free WGT lessons just look me up,i wont tell anyone so u wont lose any respect from ur buddy`s,,,,,,,,,,,from ur very good friend ,mentor AND very drunk on GUINNESS,DUDA51

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 2:24 AM

I rarely use the reverse view unless my normal view is constricted in some way. 

I have trouble reading the dots from reverse view, so it seems to hurt more than it helps. 

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 5:02 AM

TheLighterDark:

I rarely use the reverse view unless my normal view is constricted in some way. 

I have trouble reading the dots from reverse view, so it seems to hurt more than it helps. 

i will have to disagree with that i always use the reverse view i find it very accurate.

Nick

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 5:59 AM

Same here Nick, now I will have to admit when I first started here this was a common discussion on the board. At first I felt the same a lighterdark, then after I got used to it I found out it was a far more accurate way to read the greens. Often you can miss a putt on the normal view because the green reads totally different. I will trust the reverse view over the front view all day long.

Bilko

• PAGES
RSS