Forums

Help › Forums

Bad Sportsmanship During Match Play

Thu, Jul 14 2011 9:25 PM (25 replies)
  • DavidTomsFanatic
    43 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 3:35 PM

First of all, I'd like to say that this is a very nice golf game. It's as close to a real round of golf as it gets. And I particularly enjoy the Alternate Shot Match Play format, where you get to team up with other players. And almost all the players I've played with have very good sportsmanship.

However, one match that I've recently played, there was one particular group we played that didn't have good sportsmanship. At first it seemed all good, but then on one hole, I had a 50 foot birdie putt and the other team had a 6 foot birdie putt. I made the 50 foot putt and they missed the 6 foot putt and our team won the hole.

That's when one player of the other team began getting really angry. That player began flinging insults and even used profanity at one point. Eventually our team won the match when the other team ragequit.

I know I'm not allowed to say post any specific usernames here, but I'm wondering, what can be done to stop a player from engaging in this kind of unsportsmanlike behaviour? Is there a way to report them?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 6:46 PM

DavidTomsFanatic:

First of all, I'd like to say that this is a very nice golf game. It's as close to a real round of golf as it gets. And I particularly enjoy the Alternate Shot Match Play format, where you get to team up with other players. And almost all the players I've played with have very good sportsmanship.

However, one match that I've recently played, there was one particular group we played that didn't have good sportsmanship. At first it seemed all good, but then on one hole, I had a 50 foot birdie putt and the other team had a 6 foot birdie putt. I made the 50 foot putt and they missed the 6 foot putt and our team won the hole.

That's when one player of the other team began getting really angry. That player began flinging insults and even used profanity at one point. Eventually our team won the match when the other team ragequit.

I know I'm not allowed to say post any specific usernames here, but I'm wondering, what can be done to stop a player from engaging in this kind of unsportsmanlike behaviour? Is there a way to report them?

Hi

if the person broke the rules, please take screen shots and email them to members@worldgolftour.com

-wgticon

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 11:10 PM

DavidTomsFanatic:

thats just sick.

Nick

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 9:46 AM

Bad sportsmanship and quitters take some of the fun out of this game.  I regularly blog the names of members that have quit during CTTH games that I have played in. 

In my opinion if you need to quit please announce it and leave the game.

Bad sportsmanship is usually due to immaturity or a lack of character on the members part.  If they get too far out of line I just leave the game as it is not worth the aggravation. Just as in real live you run into some great people here and meet some real losers.

You losers know who you are.

1goodgolfer

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 10:09 AM

It would be nice if we could have a player rating, sort of like eBay. If you have a nice game with a player you can give them a plus rating, if they quit for no reason you can give a minus.

Trouble is there's no way to prevent it being used properly, there will always be dickheads who give good players negative feedback.

I'll check 1goodgolfer's blog regularly, see who the bad guys out there are.

• RickBarenes
    215 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 12:26 PM

If ya like a good alt match sometime look me  up  always wanting to play 

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 6:19 PM

Seriously man? Just move on.  So someone hurt your feelings.  U wanna hug to feel better?  Jesus Christ.........................

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 7:45 PM

Simple solution..And it has been brought up before, countless times...Disable chat on a selective basis. Let them talk with their clubs. 

But this requires development resources. Or maybe if ya just clear your cache...That seems to work for everything else... 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 8:13 PM

TurkishTerror:

Seriously man? Just move on.  So someone hurt your feelings.  U wanna hug to feel better?  Jesus Christ.........................

it is not hurt feelings it is an insult to the way people should be treated.  it is called manners, concern for others, upbringing, or the lack of.  no one should ever put up with a trash mouth.  when you have one, email wgt, post on his profile, go to his country club owner post on his profile.  everytime the persons playname is mentioned, tell them all, of the previous bad behavior.  YOU, or NO ONE ELSE has to put up with it,  do something!  stand up to the low lifes.....  my nickel.....

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2011 7:27 AM

You make it sound like this place is plagued with bad behavior.  I may have encountered an alteracation with 1 or 2 people since I began.  Overall I would have to say the majority of golfers here are polite and courteous.  I would suggest you focus more on the positive and less on the negative.  Dont let a few bad eggs ruin your focus, suck it up and move on, thats life. 

RSS