Forums

Help › Forums

Practice Range?

Tue, Nov 7 2017 12:51 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • greensinreg
    2 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 1:05 PM
    Is there a practice range hidden somewhere? I know I'd like to hit a few dozen shots from various clubs in a row to get a sense of distance and spin. Playing a round straight through doesn't serve that purpose. -Greensinreg
  • Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:01 PM
    Goto stroke play, pick a course, make sure you pick practice in game mode, then just keep using a mulligan till you get the info you need.
  • fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:08 PM
    patrice round use mulligans
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:10 PM
    Find a hole that you like and use the practice mode. I use #1 on Kiawah. In practice you can use the mulligan feature to hit the same shot over and over. Just remember that if you use a purchased ball, every stoke will take from the ball's life, and this includes putts. On the greens in practice mode you can also view putting lines to give you an opportunity to learn breaks and speeds. I use a free ball so that I don't have to reach into my pocket to pay for these practice sessions.
  • keidan
    311 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:23 PM
    HackWilson1930:
    Find a hole that you like and use the practice mode. I use #1 on Kiawah. In practice you can use the mulligan feature to hit the same shot over and over. Just remember that if you use a purchased ball, every stoke will take from the ball's life, and this includes putts. On the greens in practice mode you can also view putting lines to give you an opportunity to learn breaks and speeds. I use a free ball so that I don't have to reach into my pocket to pay for these practice sessions.

+1

And mulligans I believe take two hits off a ball's life.  -Keith

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:29 PM
    Like HackWilson said, Kiawah #1 you can get 0-3 mph winds and is good to map clubs. I also set it up from the red tees in practice mode to practice my wedges. Almost all your approach shots are wedges. Mulligans are a help figuring out shots
  • SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 5:29 PM
    Go to "scotthope's" profile page and click on ONE HOLE TEE OPTION follow the directions and play any single hole you want at your tier or whatever tier you choose the wind speed and green speed. Just when you go back for another tip or 2 remember what ball he's using. He does a lot for us, WGT'ers and doesn't ask anything in return. Siders Best
  • newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 12:48 AM

SidersBest:
    when you go back for another tip or 2 remember what ball he's using. He does a lot for us, WGT'ers and doesn't ask anything in return.

Well said, sir - couldn't agree more.

Thomas

• Bluesteelie
    2,021 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 1:46 AM
    Scott is the most helpful player on WGT, There's some others also and most are helpful. Thanks a bunch guys, my 2 cents.
  • ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 3:41 AM
    Cheers guys. Yes, there are many regular helpful posters on here. ; )
  • PAGES
RSS