Forums

Help › Forums

An interesting addition, I think

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:51 AM (9 replies)
  • TonyPags26
    4 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 9:24 PM

I live in Colorado Springs, where the elevation is aroung 6500 ft. If anyone has played golf in higher elevation, you know that the ball flies 10-15 yds farther than down at lower elevation. I think it would be a good thing if WGT worked the thin-air-factor into the mountain courses, like say, Edgewood.  Any thoughts? -- Tony

• boozybob
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 6:21 AM

this sounds like another challenge, thanks for the suggest.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 8:56 AM

That is a very interesting challenge Tony.. making the players keenly aware of their surrounds and having them adjust to the actual conditions.  I like it....  I like it a lot.  Having spent a lot of my youth less than 400 miles west of you and only about 1k feet lower, I do remember how elevation changed distance.

But, as much as I do like it, I think it should probably rank down around the "Well, all of the major issues are fixed and we have plenty of stroke play courses available now.  What should we do today?" conversation level of the programmers.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 9:37 AM

How much would a bit of drizzly rain or some snow flakes add to the interest of this game.We in the colder regions of this world could cope with that i think. It can't be that hard for wgt to add those sort of effects to this game ,surely

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 9:50 AM

I agree with cobra.In oct-nov I have a tent that goes over the cart. That with a heater and a little booze and we have a riot.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:55 AM

I suggested this nearly a year ago .  Doesn't seem to be too high on the priority list. =(

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:07 AM

The only items high on the priority list are those that will get you to open your wallet, again. Even improvements to game play are below those.

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:20 AM

I have an idea that WGT might find interesting

I have played every golf game sold in a store, and you would be crazy if you thought another game is better than this.

I do not play much, but in the last 3 days I have been home with the flu, so I have been playing. I found some frustrating things. Number one would be the people who quit on you. I had 8 games yesterday before I got to see the 9th hole. The other thing is the enhanced equipment. Players on 2-3 holes seem to have an advantage

Ok WGT, how to make money and influence friends

1--Split enhanced players and regular players into separate leagues

2--Charge enhanced zero, and regular players $5 a month

3-Charge $5 for every disconnect, and if you disconnect  5 times  in a month, you are suspended for 30 days. 5 times is arbitrary, could be 3, could be 1

4-Put some kind of penalty for those who need more than 90 seconds to take a shot

5-With the money, keep some,  and with the rest give us a better selection of courses to play

When I log in, I can find the player with  like clubs to mine, and be somewhat confident that the player will go the 9 holes. If I was a consistent player, that alone would be worth $5

Other enhancements could be made, but that is open for discussion

Thoughts, please. Please stay positive. A few of you are always negative, so please give this some thought

WGT, What you think?

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 12:28 PM

But then again adding more data input to the graphics,ie snow & rain,will probably cause it to lag and stutter even more than what it does now.

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:51 AM

I think your idea is in fact a good one. WGT staff, on the other hand, might not. As said before, they may consider this as a low priority deal, but frankly, some of their new additions seem to be low on a list of additions to this game.

If you have read the upcoming features post form WGTalex, you have seen that a soon coming feature is "ability to pull the flagstick," which may be handy around or on the green, but not necessarily needed. My point is, you never really know what the staff will come up with next. Unless you receive feedback form them, your suggestion is as good as theirs are.

That said, I say good day and good golf for all.

RSS