Forums

Help › Forums

Is there any truth in...

Tue, Jun 7 2011 3:04 AM (9 replies)
  • AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 4:23 PM

The rumour doing the rounds that if you have a large number of friends it can affect game play; particularly the meter?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 5:24 PM

At one time I had alot of friends and when I deleted all the ones I didnt regularly play with I noticed a huge difference in the frequency/amount of meter issues afterwards.  

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 9:39 PM

WGT has been asked many times if it will make it possible to switch off one's friends list while playing. We wait in hope rather than expectation.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 9:57 PM

I was over 500+ friends and went down to about 18 friends.   I have noticed a big drop in meter issues.

The last 3 days though have been terrible due to very slow loading problems.  It's been happening between golf shots and view changes.... very annoying.

So.. fix one problem and get another... can't win.

• qazxcbb
    290 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 5:29 AM

What if you go to the get credits page, where friend list is not shown??

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 8:20 AM

I have over 3100 friends now , looking for more and I am having no problems with meter other than what others are having.  Sometimes jumpy meter that clears itself within 3 swings.  All in all friends don't seem to matter,   sign me boozy

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 9:35 AM

For some it seems to make a difference, for others it doesn't seem to matter, so if you have chronic meter issues, try paring down the list.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 11:30 AM

boozybob1:

I have over 3100 friends now , looking for more and I am having no problems with meter other than what others are having.  Sometimes jumpy meter that clears itself within 3 swings.  All in all friends don't seem to matter,   sign me boozy

clearing the meter works just fine for me.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:35 PM

AndyAEllis:

The (1) rumor) doing the rounds that if you have a large number of (2) friends it can affect game play; (3) particularly the meter?

(1) True

(2) True

(3) True

......and thats the Truth. 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2011 3:04 AM

Boozy Bob's friends list is a work of art. Let's hope he doesn't cut it.

RSS