Forums

Help › Forums

Newby Advice Please

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 9 2011 3:36 PM (5 replies)
  • Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 10:24 AM

I should not have started playing the US Open Tourney first. I hacked my way to a 107. I have played about 9 rounds so far and am at level 17 and have brought myself down to a 90.6 with 423 credits. 

Please give me advice as to using my credits or should I hold on to them for later usage. 

I hate my ball. Should I invest in new ones. New driver? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:08 PM

Well, I have been grindin away and got to amateur status and currently a 73 at 21 level. I ended up buying the z statin wedges. That leaves me with 253 credits left. 

As soon as I get to pro I'm thinking about getting the Pro Driver. Long approach shots is my weakness right now and I need some more distance.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 5:19 AM

The best driver that you can afford is always the way to go.

Being closer to the green for your second shot trumps all.

Happy hitting

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 5:31 AM

a good wedge over balls at a beginning level is a smart move as well; balls get lost due to meter glitch, brain mistakes, or kids running in the room screaming their heads off.  Wedges last forever; although I should have snapped a few over my virtual knee a few times. 

I am a stubborn cheapskate so found a way to struggle up to "tour master" using only starter balls

• europesfinest
    30 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 6:14 AM

8buster8:

a good wedge over balls at a beginning level is a smart move as well; balls get lost due to meter glitch, brain mistakes, or kids running in the room screaming their heads off.  Wedges last forever; although I should have snapped a few over my virtual knee a few times. 

I am a stubborn cheapskate so found a way to struggle up to "tour master" using only starter balls

and having seen his scores, I can confirm the starter balls definitely work for Buster!

With my poorer reactions, I found the best move I made in the early tiers was upgrading to the GI3-S balls - in fact I still use them now at Tour Master level as they're way cheaper than Callaway. They slow the meter down loads and that means more balls landing on fairways and greens instead of the fescue. It's true you end up throwing things at your computer when you lose a ball, but  I definitely think it's worth it overall.

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 3:36 PM

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Rapture driver and Spider putter. Has helped my game alot.  I'm currently level 26 and still amateur status at 73.78 average. I only have 238 credits. Will be looking to get some irons when I get some more. thx again. 

RSS