Forums

Help › Forums

Carousel: Another WGT broken promise

Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:32 PM (7 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Dec 14 2017 5:55 AM

They told us to cash in our views because the carousel was leaving on the 13th. Today is the 14th and I got 7 more views. They seem to be unable to get much right.right. One view on the 15th and I have another 5 credits, but watch them pull the carousel tonight just because I spoke up. Be just like them.

• sheepsass
    655 Posts
    Thu, Dec 14 2017 12:33 PM

LiveGamer has announced they are shutting down their video carousel, so be sure to redeem your LiveGamer views BEFORE DEC 13 when it will be removed from WGT!

it does not say what year!!

• AUGIE316
    120 Posts
    Thu, Dec 14 2017 1:59 PM

Just a cash cow, so you spend for more golf balls and equipment and stock up before the holidays.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 7:01 AM

The reasoning for the extra day or so is because we needed to remove it from the site as part of the our downtime last night. We originally scheduled the downtime for the 13th, but as it happens sometimes, the release was pushed to last night. This is also the reason the clash started a day late. 

_CHAMPION 

• Fencer100
    2,064 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 8:15 AM
    Pity the clash started at all ! Only The Georgian is remotely fussed whether the clash is on or not !! Saddo's
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 8:33 AM

Fencer100:
    Only The Georgian is remotely fussed whether the clash is on or not !!

Well that's not even nearly true is it?

Personally I have zero interest in playing the Clashes for all the reasons that have previously been mentioned here ad nauseum, and our club does not promote them. But whether or not the participation numbers are declining it seems that hundreds of clubs still play in every Clash event, and there are quite a few that would like nothing more than to beat The Georgian to first place.

Good luck to 'em I guess.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 10:22 AM

+1 to Wutpa's post.

The clashes mean nothing to me, but they mean something to others, and it's all a matter of choice.  No one is forced to participate; likewise, no one is forbidden.

To each his own.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 1:32 PM

Live Gamer was the first place I would try and get free credits for the day.

Pity it is now gone !  Hopefully they will replace it with something else.

Sometimes I have only a few minutes to get some credits and don't wish to do some long drawn out surveys.  It is what it is,  I guess.            Gary

RSS