Forums

Help › Forums

Newbie looking for golf friends

Sat, Jan 20 2018 8:59 AM (6 replies)
  • ionian21
    117 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 8:46 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to WGT. I downloaded it for my phone a couple of days ago and can't stop playing. Although I'm still learning, I'm a veteran of golf games since the 80s so I've taken to it quite well. I'm currently level 29 and in the pro tier. I've invested in the cheap pro tier clubs and a decent putter; I'm struggling to adjust to the faster meter but it'll come I'm sure.

Based in the UK, I'm looking for active players to learn with and learn from, so send me a friend request if you play at suitable times. I'm looking forward to getting my game.on over the Christmas period. 

• Next260
    2,206 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 5:23 PM

Looking at your profile , I see you have joined a country club.

Do they not offer any competition ?

If not , you may want to consider changing clubs.

The club I'm involved with is great , with lot of matches and great members .

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 7:43 PM

The current country club you are with now looks kinda dead. Not many active players. You really need to look for a more active club and you will make lot's of friends, 

Our club plays many types of games. give us a look. 

• Ladychipper
    22,980 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 8:30 PM

Welcome Ioian21! 

I play on a desktop so would not be able to play with you since you are playing on mobile.  If I can be of assistance answering questions for you just give me a shout. 

Best Wishes,

Marion

• Next260
    2,206 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 6:21 PM

In the country club forum , check out Valley of the Sun , we're a great club with mobile and pc players ,lots of tournaments . Contact PDB1 for more info.

• ionian21
    117 Posts
    Sat, Dec 23 2017 1:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses - I will check out your suggestions. 

• Wilberforce369
    941 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 8:59 AM

Hello Ionian21, I'm a Phrygian man myself. Randy Rhoads is the man still. If your ever looking for a more active club, come and check us out. Surreal Tees CC. We are an active club with an emphasis fun. Keep your frets clean and Blues and Metal are King. RobT

RSS