Forums

Help › Forums

Why do people disconnect

Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:26 AM (27 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2011 5:52 AM

Had a very enjoyable AS game last night, back and forth all square after 9 holes. First extra hole both teams putting for bird from 3 ft. Thunder and lightning and my screen flashed, rebooted and saw msg that my team had been disqualified. I had no way of contacting these folks because they were not on my friends list. I hope they see this post so they don't think I quit, this was the most enjoyable AS match I have had on here.

• Steveroo
    176 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2011 8:32 AM

Well. I'm gonna lay some stuff out that might irritate a few, but it's my story. I started WGT over a year n 1/2 ago, very slowly but steadily I advanced, bought clubs so I wasn't always the 2nd shooter off the tee, got balls cuz the stockers just don't respond as I would like, and cruised thru the tiers.

Even at the beginning I had folks quit.When averages went up and down during any competitive play, there were always quitters. I have always TRIED to continue a round because I figure, what the hell, if I am stinking, I could use the practice and I try to turn it around into something positive ..very hard to do being 4/5 over on the 6th hole.

But, I have quit when I was so over par there was no salvation, I have quit when I've taken so much time getting outta the weeds, bunkers, and fescue, that I'm an anchor to the other players, I have quit when another player gets abusive, I once left a game to rescue my dog from a goose attack ( try to explain that to a regular friend LOL especially when he has 3 birds), and I have quit when I'm playing solo many times out of sheer frustration.

However.. I believe that there is a certain etiquette involved. If I do quit, for whatever reason ( and I don't think I have to tell everybody I have to poop), I always inform the other player(s) and try and arrange another time. I never quit on MY turn and freeze the game, and if it happens to be a computer issue, then I have an excuse that everyone has had to use at some point.

I enjoy the game, the camaraderie, and the competition, but I bear no ill will towards someone that has to drop out.

So to all who quit, please, at least say "ta-ta" and perhaps we'll play another time.

(btw, I'm a master who has lost many times to lower tier players that were On their game)

• UGGGGJMM
    68 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:29 AM

I dont agree. players are sometimes quitting because they have the feeling that the system is cheating  - not their counter-partners.

• Gator429
    61 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:46 AM

Normal 0

Hi,

This is my first post since becoming member a couple of weeks ago.

I did not know that quitting games caused problems for others. Does quitting a “singles” stroke play or closest to pin game affect others? I wouldn’t think so. I am guilty of intentionally quitting games on a few occasions. I apologize to all affected. However, I live in NW Florida (USA) where we have a number of thunderstorms and lightning during this time of year. This often causes the electricity to shut down and disconnect me from the WWW.

I have two questions not related to above:  (1) Can you reply directly to someone who accepted a friend invitation from you? If so, how? (2) When I first joined and read some of the guidelines, it seems I saw instructions on how to upload an avatar to your profile. However, I can’t seem to find it now. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance. I hope to become friends with some of you.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 8:52 PM

If the guys in Ireland and England don't want to play then stay the hell off, I'm tired of your trash mouth and disconnects, either man up and play or play with yourself. This has been hell tonight. I apologize to the real ones of ya, I'm half Irish myself, but good gracious guys play the game for what it is, a game, be nice or go to bed. No bad intentions to anyone, just the bad apples.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 9:40 PM

Steveroo:
    ( try to explain that to a regular friend LOL especially when he has 3 birds),

i laughed and laughed and laughed. just remembering that is bringing tears to my eyes.

thanx bud

and people thought it was a white lie lol

-G

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2011 10:33 PM

renniw52:

If the guys in Ireland and England don't want to play then stay the hell off, I'm tired of your trash mouth and disconnects, either man up and play or play with yourself. This has been hell tonight. I apologize to the real ones of ya, I'm half Irish myself, but good gracious guys play the game for what it is, a game, be nice or go to bed. No bad intentions to anyone, just the bad apples.

I'm sorry you've had problems with Brits, for me 9 times out of ten if someone quits or is abusive then they are from the USA. Just coincidence I suppose.

• jd01
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:10 AM

well it seems no matter where u r from,they all quit,most problems seems to b wgt.three out of four games never plays due to freezes and not loading players.

need less ads or bigger server.............

• Hoss45
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 11:22 AM

because of programmers mainly human that like to mess with people because they have a little degree and it pays well to do that

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 2:55 PM

Hoss45:

because of programmers mainly human that like to mess with people because they have a little degree and it pays well to do that

ROFLMAO .... you think, Hoss, that with the millions of people playing this game that someone at WGT sits at their computer and fecks around with your game??

Really?  REALLY?!

Wow... talk about delusions of grandeur....

Bottom line, bucko... besides the cash you drop here, you just don't matter that much.

RSS