Forums

Help › Forums

Easter

Sun, Apr 1 2018 9:49 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,349 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 1:21 AM

With Easter fast approaching, I thought I'd check my Outlook calendar just to make sure of the dates and to my surprise, it looks as though Microsoft have their own ideas about the holiday.

Good FriDAY apparently starts on Thursday and goes through to Saturday, one day which seems to last for three days.

Easter DAY starts on Saturday and goes through to Monday, also three days.

Easter MonDAY starts on a Sunday and goes through to Tuesday, three days again.

I'm all for longer holidays, but come on Microsoft, you can't bend the rules without telling us, lol.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 4:30 AM

On the right, Google shows these as UK holidays...
    Use them wisely to get nine days off!

Here, holidays are marked by Google on Thu, Fri, Sun and Mon - but Maundy Thursday ain't a public holiday at all :(

No Maundy Money either...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 7:47 AM

When I was 13 I got dragged along to a Good Friday Mass.............3 hours (AS IN 180 MINUTES with the sun clearly shining outside).........THREE HOURS of my life I still begrudge:)

Following year I offered to go on my own.  I was later asked, by my Mother, where I was.  I said at the back..........Not much of a plan and game up I said OK I went to watch Star Wars.  Being the eldest got a bit of a roasting but OH SO WELL WORTH IT:) Good film too.

Loved my Mother dearly, just had differences over what we thought was important that way.......That was fine and in fairness, never did I get asked to go again.  

EDIT: Is funny that calendar.  Anyone told the chancellor two extra days to pay for:)

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 7:56 AM
    Who am i to say they are wrong. I'll just eat chocolate and drink beer from thursday to monday just to be on the safe side.
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 8:43 AM

Easter.........the reason for Hope.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 9:26 AM

lonnieskinner:

Easter.........the reason for Hope chocolate.

FTFY 

:)

@ Scott:

It was only after posting that I actually noticed the bunnies... pfft.

• ScottHope
    10,349 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 10:19 AM

Hehe, they snuck in as a late arrival.  ; )

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 12:01 AM

Apparently April fools day and easter are on the same day this year .

Watch this space .

• bluey403
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 2:23 AM

Here in Brisbane, "THE MASTERS" final round is on Monday morning

I cut a deal every year to work at least 1 day over easter so I get Masters Monday off

• craigswan
    31,549 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 8:23 AM

Easter at St Andrews .

• PAGES
RSS