Thu, Oct 8 2009 1:43 PM

Just like golf in the real world.

Freddie

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 1:47 PM

FreddieLove:
    Just like golf in the real world.
    I'm with you, Freddie... as a matter of fact, the only time I get two shots in a row that are the same is when I am dropping a couple of golf bags back into my trunk...  other than that, it's pretty much hit and miss.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 2:26 PM

Snaike, thats funny. I've been golfing for nearly 30 years, and when I select the proper club, adust for the wind, lay of the ball, and make the perfect swing my ball goes right where its aimed (within a yard or so), every time. The problem is making that perfect swing, it doesn't happen often enough.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 3:05 PM

This is a funny game, there are people here saying there are bugs that need to be fixed because they miss a shot or perfect line by a pixel.

It looks like someone has done a Phd thesis on distances from all types of lies. This is an amazing forum piece....

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/3872/24126.aspx#24126

There are chat forum online discuss the game....

Who cares about quitters....

Remember in  golf there is rub of the green,......

The game isn't perfect but it is fun....  

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 9:15 PM

igiveup:
    It looks like someone has done a Phd thesis on distances from all types of lies. This is an amazing forum piece....

It isn't, trust me. Stay well away...  Stop

• AndyJK
    11 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 10:30 PM

I think many players, namely the ones who complain about this game are the ones who don't appreciate the importance of difficulty. All I hear are excuses excuses, but I feel those who turn to them are the ones that have played golf games where 16 birdies and 2 eagles a round is considered a bad round.

In my oppinion, this game bugs people because of its realism. It's perhaps the only online golfing game that actually challenges each player. Each course presents a brutal test for all who play it and thats what makes golf (and this game in particular) all the more wonderful. Making birdies are all fair and fun, but if you don't work for them then you can never truely feel the sensation beating par brings.

Work hard, place goals and I feel this game can be as rewarding as any 'real' golf course.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2009 11:36 PM

Based on what I've read on forum pages.... are there people playing this game with measurement grids, club charts and calculators?

My question is........ do they have protractors as well... lol...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Oct 9 2009 11:01 AM

igiveup:
    My question is........ do they have protractors as well... lol...
    No.. just WAY too much time on their hands and an over-inflated ego.

The best advice came from Faterson above.

• PAGES
RSS