Forums

Help › Forums

Subway Bull..................

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:54 AM (29 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2011 2:34 PM

Worked OK for me... I had to change billing info... but everything was pretty straight forward... 

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2011 7:43 PM

I just did a $1 subway transaction - the interface is a bit confusing and we will try to improve it.

Just make sure you enter the amount you want to deposit in Step 1, before you select the payment method.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2011 8:10 PM

Nice post Thunder, you got the attention of Admin...well done :).. Sorry no disrespect for  anybody else.

Just noticed the Adds about the Subway Cards... Is this World Wide Subway Stores or only in the States?

Cheers

Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 5:33 AM

mantis0014:
    Nice post Thunder, you got the attention of Admin.

Heh-It was about income for them so you would think they would be  all eyes. I didn't know Subway gift cards could be used to buy credits, either.  Had I known this I wouldn't have eaten mine.  ;-)

• JacknGinger
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:19 AM

Subway gift card programs are only in US/Canada and a couple other random countries, but I think WGT/Openbucks takes ANY Subway gift cards.

I did a gift card transaction on another site a couple days ago, and it went perfectly.

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 7:06 PM

Is there a specific link to the subway/gift card screen? I went to the "buy credits" area, but don't see where to conduct the transaction with the gift card.

EDIT: Nevermind...I just did a $10 SubWay gift card and it worked perfectly.

Kinda sweet considering I've had that card for over a year and never eat at SubWay anymore. ;)

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:15 PM

Just curious how wgt can accept a sub card or why subway would allow it. seems counter productive on subway's part

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:38 PM

SkeeterZ71:

Just curious how wgt can accept a sub card or why subway would allow it. seems counter productive on subway's part

Actually as far as I know, this is done fairly widely. 3rd party is facilitating the transactions. I think we just use their interface.

-wgticon

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 11:19 PM

I'm in the business of providing credit card processing, gift cards and other payment processing solutions. Wgt would have to have a deal with subway to do this. I just don't understand why subway would do this. I mean, allow potential future customers spend their gift card anywhere else. To me it is a bad business decision on their part, unless subway is getting some sort of kickback. Not saying they are, but it is the only scenario that makes any sense to me.

Think about it. Subway makes the money for the gift card upfront. Never has to put out the product, "subs", which is an expense, then gets a buck or 2 back from each transaction. sounds like their analyst figured that was a good deal and presto, buy a sub at wgt, xcept you get no subs, you get credits.

• anomahaguy
    93 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:03 AM

i think someone at WGT just really likes subway...and how much easier does it get than getting everyone on here to buy them lunch/dinner every day :)

RSS