Forums

Help › Forums

OK I GIVE

Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:55 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 7:34 AM

OK, I give For the life of me I can't figure out the breaks in putting. This not real, it's a game you should be able to come up with a system for these breaks in the greens.

I have tried the offset method, I tried timing the dot movement from one point to another, Ive tried the moving the blue arrow, nothing. Once in a while I will get lucky, but there has to be a system in order to be consistant. 

I know no one wants to give up their secrets but any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Gary

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 7:42 AM

Woodoworkery:

buy one of those super putters that guarantee you at least 40% accuracy and maybe 50%

i just purchased the same club for REAL GOLF,  and it did nothing for me, but for virtual golf it will make you the hottest putter on the circuit

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 8:03 AM

lol seriously give it a rest regarding players equipment - if you dont want to play with them good for you - why not blame wgt for bringing them out in the first place instead of players who want to support this site? i just dont get the broken record argument you keep going.... please explain to me. btw pretty sure most 'legends' here dont really think theyre legends per se, its just a level people have reached in this game.

• nine76chris
    92 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 8:36 AM

x1524807:
    buy one of those super putters that guarantee you at least 40% accuracy and maybe 50%

Hellz yeah.  I gots one of dem fancy putters and da ballz just drop yo. :-/

• ahsiab
    40 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 9:09 AM

Woodoworkery:

OK, I give For the life of me I can't figure out the breaks in putting. This not real, it's a game you should be able to come up with a system for these breaks in the greens.

I have tried the offset method, I tried timing the dot movement from one point to another, Ive tried the moving the blue arrow, nothing. Once in a while I will get lucky, but there has to be a system in order to be consistant. 

Thanks

Gary

If all the dots are moving in the same direction the ball will travel in an arc. If the the dots are running in opposite directions the ball will most likely have an "S" curve. Depending on the increase and decrease of elevation you will have to adjust the meter. Usually if the is uphill you should add a foot of power to every inch of elevation. The opposite is normally true for a downhill putt. You must also know the course!!! This system only works if you know the course and fine tune your adjustments tor the shot. The flag may tell you one thing that is not related to the putt and this why you must know the course to have an effective shot. There is no smack on system for reading the break. If you can visualize you will have a much better chance at making the putt. Watch how the dots move from a front view and a rear view and try to visualize when the ball will break and how much it will break. I hope this isn't too vague.

Good Luck,

ahsiab

p.s. I'm not that great of a putter, but this works for me!

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 5:09 AM

Wontonamo:
    btw pretty sure most 'legends' here dont really think theyre legends per se, its just a level people have reached in this game.

lol

• BillyTBudMan
    100 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 7:20 AM

Woodoworkery:

How did you make it to Master tier without knowing how to putt?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 7:46 AM

It seems that the system I used does not work any more.   I use the off set method and leave the arrow where it is.

This is a game, and the speed of the dots should be the same no matter what( fast is fast, not faster sometimes)      

plus my putter is suppose to have a high forgiveness rating and I am rolling over the darn edge of the hole and not going in                                                                        

• BillyTBudMan
    100 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:16 AM

Mr. Woodworkery...My question to you, and too others who use this "miss it by the right amount" putting method is this.  Is it not the exact same as if you were to move the aimer and try to hit the ding?  In both cases you are judging how much left / right you want to hit the putt, and then trying to hit a specific spot on the swing meter, whether it be 1/4" to the right, or right on the line.  Or am I missing something?

As far as the speed at which the dots move, it is my understanding that golf course greens are not constructed using 90 foot levels to ensure a perfect and even sloping putting surface.  There are parts of greens that slope more and less severe than other parts.  So i don't see how you can ever expect the dots to be at the same speed all the time being even a remote possibility.

Lastly, as i am relatively new to this game, i may be incorrect, but the forgiveness rating on your putter, or any club for that matter, means that if you miss the ding, you shot won't go way way off line.  Meaning your margin for ding missing is higher.  Forgiveness has been explained to me as being related to training wheels for your golf clubs.  Its there in case you make a mistake, it won't be that bad of one.  Although i'm not sure what your referring to as your putter has a very higher precision rating, and a low forgiveness.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 11:52 AM

Just change to the move the marker method, and be gentle.

• PAGES
RSS