Forums

Help › Forums

Gifting Credits

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 19 2011 9:09 AM (5 replies)
  • Cagster
    43 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 4:39 PM

How come WGT does allow gifting of credits.  I just hosted a no pay tournament with credits as prizes for the winners and 2nd place.  I already knew that you couldnt gift credits, but with the idea of buying credits with gift cards started, I thought my problems with getting the credits to the winners was over.  Then I found out that even though the Gift card option works in the US it doesnt work everywhere.  What is up with that? 

Cagster

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 6:12 PM

Cagster:

How come WGT does allow gifting of credits.  I just hosted a no pay tournament with credits as prizes for the winners and 2nd place.  I already knew that you couldnt gift credits, but with the idea of buying credits with gift cards started, I thought my problems with getting the credits to the winners was over.  Then I found out that even though the Gift card option works in the US it doesnt work everywhere.  What is up with that? 

Cagster

hi,

I don't know why but we just don't. we only allow gifting of equipment

-wgticon

• thehughtrain
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 7:10 PM

Well I asked this question in another post, but if I am reading this correctly, you can't give credits to another player via this system, so there would be no way to "buy" used clubs from another player with the pitiful credits I have earned so far?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 12:21 AM

thehughtrain:

Well I asked this question in another post, but if I am reading this correctly, you can't give credits to another player via this system, so there would be no way to "buy" used clubs from another player with the pitiful credits I have earned so far?

no you cannot. you can only gift via pro shop

-wgticon

• Cagster
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 3:53 AM

Ok, let me ask the question a different way.  Why doesn't the option to buy credits via gift cards work worldwide.  It looks like it only works in the US.  As an example, Ireland has Subway stores, but WGT does not except the use of Subway cards to buy credits, i.e. "does not accept at your location"

Cagster

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 9:09 AM

Cagster:

Ok, let me ask the question a different way.  Why doesn't the option to buy credits via gift cards work worldwide.  It looks like it only works in the US.  As an example, Ireland has Subway stores, but WGT does not except the use of Subway cards to buy credits, i.e. "does not accept at your location"

Cagster

Hi

As you know, we do not actually process the payments, almost no website does. We and everyone else uses major online processors for that. This feature, uses a 3rd party processing engine as well, therefore, we actually can't control what payment methods in what country they support. 

-wgticon

RSS