Forums

Help › Forums

Dead Stick Putter.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 20 2011 4:58 AM (3 replies)
  • cadwallater
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 4:35 PM

Wondering if everyone is as frustrated with his putter as I am.   Can't buy a put inside three feet.   I've tapped in countless two and three inch puts for pars, and given away countless birdies because of my putting skills, or absence of same.   No matter how well I play tee to green I am always going to come to grief on the green.   I'm often lying hole high a few yards away on my second shot,  often as close as four or five feet, and three putting for a bogie is not uncommon.   Cannot judge the break properly, or the speed, and sometimes hitting an approach shot with a wedge is like hitting a bucket of wet sand.  Can't seem to manage any consistency.    Still troubled with what I'm now certain must be a computer glitch, when I'm pushed entirely off course into the deep rough, or a bunker, turning a reasonable par into a triple bogie.  Not sure what's going on there.   But the putter is the main issue.  Perhaps a different power bar for anything inside ten feet would allow the player to make those small, critical adjustments that spell the difference between a successful put, and a disappointing miss.   Still new to the game, enjoying it by and large, and impressed with the spectacular views of the course, very similar to the camera changes we see in professional coverage, that give us wonderful perspective on the scenic fairways and surrounding course.   Hoping to improve.   Welcome any suggestions.    

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:51 AM

Try changing out your EZ swing clubs for normal ones (they should be available where you equip your clubs at). 

EZ Swings have terrible accuracy, and that will result in you making a very low percentage of short-medium distanced putts. 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 1:29 AM

cadwallater:
    Welcome any suggestions.    

Suggest you check out the E-Z Swing tread in Welcome to WGT/Community Introductions.

Joey 

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 4:58 AM

there isn't one player that has won a tournament with the ez swing clubs.  suggest to upgrade to a better set.

good luck,

RSS