Tour Pro to Master

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:31 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TRABLAH
    210 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 8:55 AM

WGT,

OK, you moved me up to the Master tier.  I had a decent set of clubs and was learning how to really play the game.  I was enjoying the game, the competition, and the interaction between myself and my competitors from all over the world (won a few & lost a few but was having fun along the way).  Now, it has become more like WORK than an enjoyable pastime.

It is not that I don't want to upgrade my clubs, but at my age the meter speeds of the longer drivers, etc. make it extremely difficult to really enjoy playing the game.  Why must the longer hitting clubs have a faster meter speed?   In real life, if you upgrade to newer & better equipment, you DO NOT have to change the speed and tempo of your swing.  And, you most certainly are not required to play each hole 15 - 40 yards longer than you did before you upgraded (this option is left to the individual player).  Am I missing something, or is it like everyone says, "It's all about the money" ?

You have me just about convinced to give up on the WGT.  I know my quitting means little or nothing to you, but I simply think there must be a better way to structure the system.  I am open to constructive ideas and suggestions.

Thanks

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 10:22 AM

I've felt like that every time. But pretty soon I start to enjoy the challenge. You'll soon be good again.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:53 PM

Well it does seem wierd that you pay more money to buy better clubs which make you play worse. I mean an Improvement to a club would be a slower meter, I don't think anyone could argue against that, and yet the meter gets faster...

Lizzie xx

Wow, the little box you tick to get email replies to the post has shrunked.

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 1:12 PM

Dang how old are you?  I'm 65 and I got used to the meter speeds.  lol  Age is a frame of mind .

• Tim30
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 5:49 PM

LOL.....you think you advancing to Master tier is rough, wait until LEGEND comes along.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 6:13 PM

piztaker:

I've felt like that every time. But pretty soon I start to enjoy the challenge. You'll soon be good again.

to echo piztaker.......we have all been in those shoes, sound advice and it will come to you...

• Tomr789
    797 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 12:56 PM

Hang in there TRABLAH, it will get better.  

• Tomr789
    797 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 5:38 PM

Hey TRABLAH,

Was feeling almost like what you are describing until early this evening.  Shot a 61 on Congressional that could have easliy been a 59 or lower.  I left 3-4 putt on the lip, inches short.  Hang in there.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 9:35 PM

You really need a better driver.  I got the R9 (275 yds) when I made Master and was spraying it all over the place at first.  Then I got the GI-3D ball (Feel is 2 1/2 dots) which slowed the meter considerably. So now I use the 3D ball for normal play, and use the Callaway Ball, (also 2 1/2 dots)  for tourneys. The rest of your clubs are OK for Master Tier.

• TRABLAH
    210 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:28 AM

aceydeucey:

You really need a better driver.  I got the R9 (275 yds) when I made Master and was spraying it all over the place at first.  Then I got the GI-3D ball (Feel is 2 1/2 dots) which slowed the meter considerably. So now I use the 3D ball for normal play, and use the Callaway Ball, (also 2 1/2 dots)  for tourneys. The rest of your clubs are OK for Master Tier.

Thanks for the suggestion.   I may give that a try.

• PAGES
RSS