Help › Forums

does wind affect the putts?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 21 2011 7:53 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:41 PM

i know it doesnt but just making sure?....

thanks

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:58 PM

Some say aye, some say nay. I was told one time that it is possible that long putts may be affected by strong winds, but of course this is all irrelevant because all of my approaches are to within a cm of the hole anyway.

Lizzie xx

That little box actually HAS got smaller.

vv

v

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 12:59 PM

Oopsies. Silly me, I meant km, not cm.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 1:24 PM

I believe it does. Just hard to see unless you have a long putt and strong wind

-wgticon

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 1:39 PM

TurkishTerror:

of course the wind affects your putt.  Ever had a long putt, you hit it, pretty sure its the right speed, dies right in the face of cup.  Short, you say WTF!  Look up wind is staring you straight in your face at 31mph.  Doh, I forgot to add for wind!

Cheers,

b0gey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 2:03 PM

Ever notice how balls that spin back spin in the direction of the wind?

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 2:11 PM

I think when the wind gets above 20 MPH, you need to start thinking about it - at least on a head wind or downhill with the wind for longer putts.  Not sure about cross winds though...  C

• Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 3:33 PM

b0geybuster:

TurkishTerror:

of course the wind affects your putt.  Ever had a long putt, you hit it, pretty sure its the right speed, dies right in the face of cup.  Short, you say WTF!  Look up wind is staring you straight in your face at 31mph.  Doh, I forgot to add for wind!

Cheers,

b0gey

you took the word right out of my mouth

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 5:16 AM

b0geybuster:
    of course the wind affects your putt.

Well first off, i never play in super heavy winds, but yesterday I had a 10 foot straight putt.  Hit it perfectly and it stopped 3 ft short of hole. I thought "WTF?!?!" (sound familiar bogey?).  Noticed the wind was blowing in my face at 28 mph.  Then on another hole, same situation downhill 3 inches 10ft, with no break anywhere.  Same situation, I hit it perfect and it misses right by 1 ft(same direction as wind).  I thought "does the wind really affect the putts"????.  

Well, glad we have a forum to clarify this stuff. 

Thanks fellas, TT

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 5:25 AM

TurkishTerror:
    Well, glad we have a forum to clarify this stuff. 

Which begs the question-if winds affect putts then how much do you allow for wind affect?

• PAGES
RSS