Forums

Help › Forums

Trick to Uploading Photo?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 25 2011 4:58 PM (8 replies)
  • TexasBabe
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 4:48 PM

I've tried several times to upload my photo as my avatar...to no avail.  It stays until I refresh the profile page...then it's gone.  (blank)

What do you have to do or what size should the photo be in order to remain on your profile page?  I've tried enlarging the pixels, shrinking the pixels, Jpegs and Gifs.  Nothing works lol  Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:59 PM

TexasBabe:

I've tried several times to upload my photo as my avatar...to no avail.  It stays until I refresh the profile page...then it's gone.  (blank)

What do you have to do or what size should the photo be in order to remain on your profile page?  I've tried enlarging the pixels, shrinking the pixels, Jpegs and Gifs.  Nothing works lol  Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!

hi

sounds like a flash issue. can you try it in different browser?

-wgticon

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 1:02 AM

I keep my avatars to a size between 100 x 100 to 150 x 150 pixels, then i compress them as much as I can without distortion.

so far have had great luck change mine out every few days.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 3:43 AM

Did you click on the save button. Not being a smart a$$ but i sometimes forget to hit the save tab.

J

• TexasBabe
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 5:34 PM

I've tried doing that as well Fuzz... but will try again.  And Yes I do hit the save button after uploading/cropping.  Photo appears, looks good but gone if I refresh. lol  Will keep trying! Thanks yall for all your help/advice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 5:26 AM

Try not refreshing. Get it where you like it, save it and then close the browser and reopen it.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 7:01 AM

Just from what I have seen. It looks like WGT verifies the first avatar upload you do to make sure it does not violate the TOS (kind of like your first couple of forum posts).

I say this because I have seen the same image beside many new members profiles and there have been much less G.I.R.L photos... if you know what I mean.

Happy hitting

• TexasBabe
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 2:03 PM

Soulcatcher:

Just from what I have seen. It looks like WGT verifies the first avatar upload you do to make sure it does not violate the TOS (kind of like your first couple of forum posts).

I say this because I have seen the same image beside many new members profiles and there have been much less G.I.R.L photos... if you know what I mean.

Happy hitting

I understand Soul... but my photo that I've tried to upload and have appear on my profile is just a head shot. Nothing risque... kinda lame is ya ask me (compared to some I've seen)  If you check my activity on my profile page, you'll see how many times I've tried to post one. lol It's ridiculous :)   Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions. I'll keep trying. 1 more thing, when I play a round of golf, the photo appears there and on the small version of my 'stats/proile.'  When you click full profile.. poof! Gone.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2011 4:58 PM

Looks like you fixed it.

RSS